Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

livermore hawkins forster

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
surely livermore and hawkins are on the way out of the club if they cannot even make the squad in a freindly? i see oon bbc 606 gossip page that shrewsbury are apparently keen on forster.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
One of the reasons he joined us is because he lives about 15 minutes away - he's hardly going to want to relocate to Shropshire.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I doubt livermore will be here at the start of the season, Hawkins maybe, Forster definately.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Damn Shrewsbury stealing all our best players! :dunce:

On a more serious note, I would hope that Livermore has told Slade he wants a chance in central midfield. He gives us balance and experience, he is so incredibly underrated by this club, it's actually amazing to me! I think he's more important in the squad than our management appreciate, which is sad and probably means he'll be off. Hopefully Hawkins will go, I'm still hopeful that El-Abd will be bombed out somewhere.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Damn Shrewsbury stealing all our best players! :dunce:

On a more serious note, I would hope that Livermore has told Slade he wants a chance in central midfield. He gives us balance and experience, he is so incredibly underrated by this club, it's actually amazing to me! I think he's more important in the squad than our management appreciate, which is sad and probably means he'll be off. Hopefully Hawkins will go, I'm still hopeful that El-Abd will be bombed out somewhere.

I don't understand all this hype about Livermore. Every time I have seen him play, he has not impressed me in the slightest (apart from pre-season last year). He seems a nice enough guy and seems to have the right attitude and everything, and I really hope he proves me wrong and becomes an important part of the squad. However, to say he has contributed anything significant to date would be, well, just wrong, really.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't understand all this hype about Livermore. Every time I have seen him play, he has not impressed me in the slightest (apart from pre-season last year). He seems a nice enough guy and seems to have the right attitude and everything, and I really hope he proves me wrong and becomes an important part of the squad. However, to say he has contributed anything significant to date would be, well, just wrong, really.

He hasn't contributed anything yet, granted. But we all know he has got the ability, he was rather brilliant at Southend for example. I honestly think he could be a big player for us given the chance. I think it safe to say that if we don't want him, he'll go somewhere else and be an important player.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
He hasn't contributed anything yet, granted. But we all know he has got the ability, he was rather brilliant at Southend for example. I honestly think he could be a big player for us given the chance. I think it safe to say that if we don't want him, he'll go somewhere else and be an important player.

Whilst his reputation suggests he should be a big player for us, his performances last season show that he might be getting on a bit. As for the Southend game, I wasn't there but I got the impression that a central midfield pairing of Steven Thomson and Adam Virgo did pretty well too, so maybe that isn't the most routine game from which to judge a player's ability. If he makes a move he might well perform better, but he didn't do much at Luton last season....apart from nearly breaking someone's leg when playing for us.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008

He has what is known as 'pedigree' and, theoretically, based on his performances in a successful Hull season in 2007/8, should have been a massive player for us last year. But he wasn't. And the problem is that it looks as though he has lost his legs and all round fitness which are vital attributes for a midfield general. It's a great shame, but the fact that he isn't currently in the squad suggests that he isn't in the right condition - I think we have to leave decisions like that to the people who watch him train and track his fitness systematically every day.

I think Livermore has been quite unlucky in his short time at the Albion, being played out position and having various injuries have not helped him get a good run in the side. For me he has far more potential than the likes of El-Abd, but it isn't me who sees them train every day and picks the team is it!
I've often thought is it just that his face doesn't fit or he is a bit outspoken in the dressing room, thus upsetting managers?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Forster ain't going anywhere very strange rumour. He moved here to be closer to home.

If we get the Crawley bloke can't see where Hawkins will fit in, no where near the first team and is/was pretty much only battling for a place on the bench.

Livermore I just don't get should be good but hasn't been. If he was any good would have got his chance in centre mid but 2 managers (3 if you include White as temp boss) have decided not to play him there, can't all be wrong.

spunkmonkey

Jul 11, 2005
Eastbourne
This Livermore being great at Hull in their promotion season is rubbish. If he was good why did they loan him to Oldham for the last two months of that season? I want him to succeed like any other Brighton player but I honestly think he won't. Sometimes it just doesn't work out for players at some clubs and I think Slade will move him on.

Geoffo

Dec 26, 2008
Forster's knee playing him up again. Troubled him last night at Torquay. Let's hope it's not long term or more surgery.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think this will be Forster's last season with us , if he doesn't retire his only option will be a L2 or conference club who might sign him for another year. He could end up at Aldershot rather than Shrewsbury. Livermore and Hawkins could go out on loan rather than rot in the reserves in the hope of getting another club willing to take them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
oops

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
manager know what he'll get from Forster and we have to assume, unless he has an injury, and old pro like him is going to be keeping fit anyway so no need for a run out. nothing to see here.

Livermore... hasnt shown the potential dont know why. worth keeping around as was a decent play at Millwall and Hull.

Hawkins is a bit poor and will be off to League 2 soon i think. would keep him for cover, but rather see a young player given oppurtunity, not like Hawkins actually brings much experience for his age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here