Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

' Live ' stream for Palace match .

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
is that right? the bit about being able to pick up a stream? how is that possible? do clever people intercept the broadcast or something?

I don't have a clue about these kind of things.

Great if true.

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
Hopefully, although the FC United game was on TV in the US (and others) so it was possible to get streams from that too.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Hmm, if it's been televised that would be awesome, as Al Jazeera show pretty much everything over here. Yay.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
I guess it all depends on whether the clubs agree to try and sell the match abroad. If not, then it won't be appearing on any TV screen and therefore can't be pirated.

Yes it can....

When it is being beamed to or via a studio....( which is what has to happen) the uplink truck might just beam it unencrypted, this will be via a probably dedicated TV uplink satelite ( not astra/sky) it can then be intecepted by people who as a hobby search these satellites for games and uplink it.
As per the Gillingham game.... it dont happen so much as the encription is normally on, but it is possible and nothing to do with it being on TV...that just makes it a forgone conclussion.....I got rid of my motorised dish when satellites started going digital from analogue. but I could watch all sorts of things that were transmitted in the clear, ie news feeds ( and that covers live sports)..

Hope that makes sense

urbanjim

Oct 27, 2005
Dublin
I live 10-15 min walk from Selhurst!

Since I haven't got a ticket for this one, do you reckon they'll do a Home (Away) Section for this!?

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I live 10-15 min walk from Selhurst!

Since I haven't got a ticket for this one, do you reckon they'll do a Home (Away) Section for this!?
Just turn up and go in amongst the Palace they will have cleaners working that night to sweep you up after the game!!! In a true answer to your question No!

kip

Aug 2, 2011
Yes it can....

When it is being beamed to or via a studio....( which is what has to happen) the uplink truck might just beam it unencrypted, this will be via a probably dedicated TV uplink satelite ( not astra/sky) it can then be intecepted by people who as a hobby search these satellites for games and uplink it.
As per the Gillingham game.... it dont happen so much as the encription is normally on, but it is possible and nothing to do with it being on TV...that just makes it a forgone conclussion.....I got rid of my motorised dish when satellites started going digital from analogue. but I could watch all sorts of things that were transmitted in the clear, ie news feeds ( and that covers live sports)..

Hope that makes sense
I've got a motorized dish and it is still possible to watch some stuff although as you say alot of it is encrypted. You can splash the cash though and watch foreign channels from all round Europe and the middle East. I subscribe to al-jazeera as they have a dedicated English channel and show every champions league game all with English commentary, they also have the rights to the championship. When everybody on here is messing around with streams on the net I can watch it on my main TV. When we get promoted to the prem:D i'll subscribe to viasat sweeden as they show every prem game live (all the 3pm kick offs).
As for the palarse game (not that I care as i'm going) the stream will be hard to find unless it is picked up by a foreign channel as there will be no prior notice for some geek to find it and upload it to the net (and thats assuming it is in the clear)

kip

Aug 2, 2011
It does, as long as uplink is the equivalent of upload! But is this not a potentially dangerous hobby given that people are in prison just for hacking into voicemail?

It's not illegal to watch if it is unencrypted, it's just like tunning your radio to another frequency. If you hack into the signal (like many do) then yes it is illegal. There are many sites on the net which post hacking methods - but I would never do that:whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here