Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

live bands for weddings - advice

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A friend of mine is getting married in July and is looking for a decent, contempory band that is happy to perform covers. A bit of rock would be good (nothing too heavy) mixed with some classics and good danceable tunes.

Anyone help?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
my mate plays in a ska band, and they do weddings n stuff.

Ska Toons

scooter1

How soon is now?
I play in a functions soul band, we come as either a 6, 7 or 9 piece depending on fee. We play classic James Brown, Otis Redding etc. Our aim is to have people dancing for a good couple of hours.
We're only just starting out as a band(altough we've all been playing in bands for years in various guises), but are already booked to play Lewes FC end of season do, plus club gigs and other functions throughout the year and into 09 already. If you're interested PM and i'll tell you more

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Thank you all for the recommendations. I will check them out and do some PMs when I return from a sunny lunch. i will pass the links onto my friend and I'm sure he will apprecite the help.

Thanks Guys, big help.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I can recommend Alpha Connection who have performed at a couple of weddings I've been to. They might be quite expensive these days though.

http://www.alphaconnection.co.uk/

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
These guys played at my 40th and I originally saw them at a mate's wedding. They are absolutely top drawer: Untitled Document
Not Rock but the best 70's sounds around. Regardless of your musical taste they get everyone grooving in one big afro of a Love Train...

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
Look no further than http://www.tuxedofunktion.com who play a bit of everything and even let you choose 3 songs which they will learn and play in the set! Regulars in Bar Nun HayHeath and Kings Head Burgess Hill nonetheless! Setlist is on their webpage.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i know the lead singer of magic taxi really well. prob a few on here know them , they play round sussex and in london . i think theyd be perfect for you. i hate that sort of music personally but they have a great following and always get the crowd going. ben (the lead singer ) is a real crowd pleaser and very funny

i'll pm you and see if i can give you his myspacebookbebo whats it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A friend of mine is getting married in July and is looking for a decent, contempory band that is happy to perform covers. A bit of rock would be good (nothing too heavy) mixed with some classics and good danceable tunes.

Anyone help?

Sounds horrible. Hire a DJ - and CONTROL the playlist. Or stick it all on yer ipod and just hire the lights and the smoke machine... :thumbsup:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i agree
book the master

goa gil

watch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here