Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Little wins in life…

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Booked the final 4 nights hotels needed for the road trip part of our holiday in October………that’s now all travel, accommodation, car hire, international and several internal flights booked. Something like 35 separate things but compared to the trip we did last year I reckon it’s saved me 30% on the cost of the trip vs getting our last agent to do it.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Booked the final 4 nights hotels needed for the road trip part of our holiday in October………that’s now all travel, accommodation, car hire, international and several internal flights booked. Something like 35 separate things but compared to the trip we did last year I reckon it’s saved me 30% on the cost of the trip vs getting our last agent to do it.
We did that for our trip to Cambodia and Laos earlier this year. Lots of research and prep but immensely satisfying. And I still find it incredible that I can turn up at an airport in say Laos and they have my ticket that I booked months before from my computer in Mid Sussex. I'm easily impressed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We did that for our trip to Cambodia and Laos earlier this year. Lots of research and prep but immensely satisfying. And I still find it incredible that I can turn up at an airport in say Laos and they have my ticket that I booked months before from my computer in Mid Sussex. I'm easily impressed.
It’s taken me about 6 months I reckon. TBF the agency we used (we’ve used them a couple of times now) are brilliant, but pretty expensive. I was thinking throughout last year (in Canada/Alaska for a month) that there wasn’t really any if it couldn’t have sorted myself, but the research has taken bloody AGES (we’re a bit picky about hotels and stuff) and I’ve got a huge file of confirmations, a dozen new hotel and airline apps and about 100 emails I need to keep whereas they find out what you want to do, how long you’ve got, what you like and have an itinerary pretty much available off the shelf I guess (however much they state it’s ‘personalised’). I’ll reserve my true satisfaction for when we’re flying home and haven’t been stranded in the middle of nowhere with no car or hotel 🤣

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This morning saw Mrs WS and Miss WS off to London to see the Foo Fighters this evening .... leaving me and the mutt to share a takeaway and a few beers in front of the football.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Last game of this season at the Amex I had a half bottle of Glenfiddich under my seat the entire match. In a brown paper bag. With the bottle top on.

In my defence, such that it is, I never brought that bottle in. Neither did I deserve nor expect that, er, unexpected gift. If my mystery benefector happens to be reading this, and is contempleting doing such a thing ever again, please don't. The paranoia was great within me. Or at least have the good sense to remove your name and address from the Amazon label on the brown paper bag. That way we don't both get a ban, you lovely daft f*cker! :lolol: :bowdown:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I happened to wake up this morning at about 4.30. I checked the cricket score and thought I would stick it on. I saw bairstow smash their spinner for an over and then salt take 30 off the seamer. The game was basically won. As soon as it finished the following over I managed to get straight back to sleep which was a miracle.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Wow - how many people do you have living in your house that would be there to watch you throw a sock ?

I was trying to be young and cool and reference a meme.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Tooth hurtee? :)

If that's an actual NHS dental appointment that's a champagne size win!

The train that has the number 230 on our line is called the Dentist's Train. After 22 years as a Controller it still makes me giggle every time 😁 It is indeed the little things.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I was deciding whether or not to mow the lawn a couple of weeks back. The usual "weather looks nice but I can't really be bothered/do it tomorrow" vibe. Decided in the end to just get it done as it was getting a little long.

Rained for the next 4 days, so was delighted with my choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here