Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Little Chef to close 67 Restaurants

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Used to love stopping at a little chef when were on a trip with my parents. Cant remember the last time I visited one though!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Those who follow NSC's Twitter account will know that the Little Chef is a prominent feature on my midweek away trips. Derby was the last time I was tweeting out before and after pictures of their mighty Olympic Breakfast (with extra hash browns).

[MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] is going to be DEVASTATED at this news.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I thought it was gonna be another story about Anthony Worrall-Thompson for a minute.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Maybe it's called the Olympic Breakfast because it is a complete rip-off and is destined to fail.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Two Olympic breakfasts for me and Jnr. at Fontwell, on the way back from the Southampton game. :thumbsup:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
The Olympic Breakfast rules (the original one though - not the poncy one brought in by Heston Blumenthal at the Popham LC on the A303). Have to confess that I rarely pay for one out of my own pocket though - only on expenses when travelling with work.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Got to love the Union comment at the bottom, private equity fault for asset stripping

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Correct complete rip off... Olympic breakfast my arse at 8 pound odd!

Our Famous Olympic Breakfast
£7.49 Two rashers of back bacon, an award winning British pork sausage, two free range griddled eggs, mushroom, sauté potatoes, griddled tomato and Heinz baked beans. Served with toast or fried bread.

I'm not really surprised that's 7.50, although to merit the moniker "Olympic" I expected there to be more of it (although it's still mroe than I'd ever want for brekkie)

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Our Famous Olympic Breakfast
£7.49 Two rashers of back bacon, an award winning British pork sausage, two free range griddled eggs, mushroom, sauté potatoes, griddled tomato and Heinz baked beans. Served with toast or fried bread.

I'm not really surprised that's 7.50, although to merit the moniker "Olympic" I expected there to be more of it (although it's still mroe than I'd ever want for brekkie)

Add a couple of quid for a cup of tea and you're close to £10: you'll get a great deal at most greasy spoons for half that

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Add a couple of quid for a cup of tea and you're close to £10: you'll get a great deal at most greasy spoons for half that
Well yes, but not anywhere near a motorway or fast A road.

Good riddance to Little Chef, they are pony and epitomise everything wrong with British food - in the 1970s and 80s. Overpriced, unhealthy and unwilling to cater for a more sophisticated public taste. When you go to Italy and see lorry drivers ordering pasta and garden salad or Germany and see healthy and fresh cold meat cuts at 2 thirds the price of a Little Chef sausage & chips, it does make you think that Little Chef and their ilk have been short changing the public for DECADES.

As I say, f*** off Little Chef and don't come back.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Well yes, but not anywhere near a motorway or fast A road.

Good riddance to Little Chef, they are pony and epitomise everything wrong with British food - in the 1970s and 80s. Overpriced, unhealthy and unwilling to cater for a more sophisticated public taste. When you go to Italy and see lorry drivers ordering pasta and garden salad or Germany and see healthy and fresh cold meat cuts at 2 thirds the price of a Little Chef sausage & chips, it does make you think that Little Chef and their ilk have been short changing the public for DECADES.

As I say, f*** off Little Chef and don't come back.

Whilst I largely agree, surely they're catering to the taste of their customers - if you're talking about lorry drivers, it might be me being indoctrinated by our mass media, but I don't imagine too many would choose to eat salads or pasta if they were on offer, would they ? We don't have that culture (unfortunately).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Whilst I largely agree, surely they're catering to the taste of their customers - if you're talking about lorry drivers, it might be me being indoctrinated by our mass media, but I don't imagine too many would choose to eat salads or pasta if they were on offer, would they ? We don't have that culture (unfortunately).
But things will never change if you don't offer the *choice*.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011

I think i read there is a place in london that does a £10 breakfast but you get 10 rashers of bacon, 10 sausages and 10 eggs. Makes little chef look even more expensive

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They do not offer value for money as there are many other companies offering better like Crown Carveries, Harvester Wetherspoons etc so it is hardly suprising. Just as an example Crown Carveries (Sportsman) offer 1 sausage 2 Bacon and unlimited Eggs, Mushrooms, Baked Beans Tomatoes Hash Browns for £2.99 add tea and toast for £1.99 (I think it is) so for less than a fiver you can fill yourself up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here