Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lineup for tomorrow?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Time for a football thread!

It's a bit of a tough one for tomorrow, particularly in the centre of defence, but I think I'd personally go with:

---------Ankergren----------
Calderon-Greer-Elphick-Painter
---------Bridcutt------------
Bennett-----Dicker-----Noone
------Murray-----Barnes-----

I don't think Elphick really deserves to be dropped and a good run in the team would do him good IMHO. I think Dicker is likely to start but I'd prefer the above. Noone has not had enough starts and I'm a big fan of Gary Dicker.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
El Abd doesn't deserve to be dropped, and it's his shirt at the moment, Elphick only played because Poyet literally couldn't choose El Abd.

Also he has all but said on the official site that Sparrow will start.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
id have that team with sparrow in for noone and el abd in for elphick

elphick is all very well and good defensively, but at home when we need to break a team down from the back his hoof game just doesnt cut it. el abd is the better football, so he should play. and i never EVER thought id say that!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
1. Ankergren
2. Calderon
3. Painter
4. Dicker
5. Greer
6. El-Abd
7. Bennett
8. Murray
9. Barnes
10. Bridcutt
11. Noone

4-4-2
with wingers

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Ankergren
Calderon Greer El-Abd Painter
Kishishev
Bridcutt Sparrow
Bennett
Murray Barnes

Yep this one please. Get El Abd back in, been one of our best players this season so needs to come back in. Spaz played very well on Tuesday, while Dicker has been slghtly out of sorts recently. Wood too hasnt seemed on top of his game in the last couple of games. Noone, Dicker, Wood, Elphick on the bench. Not too shabby at all.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Squad depth looks a hell of a lot better now with Kish & Sparrow fit again. Hard to predict the midfield when we have Bridcutt, Dicker, Sparrow, Kish, Bennett & Noone all available.

I think Gus might go with jharris' line-up, above. With Sparrow taking up the left-midfield berth that Dicker often deploys.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bearing in mind Tranmere's current abysmal form and seeming lack of confidence with their physio (sorry manager!) saying he would make 9 or 10 team changes if he could, I think we have to go for the jugular from the start so:

Ankergren

Bridcutt

Bennett Sparrow

Wood Murray Barnes

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Casper

Calde Greer El-Abd Painter

Bennett Spaz Bridcutt Noone

Wood Murray

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't think you can change the back line after a clean sheet, would be very harsh. Want to see Noone because he really does stretch the game but not sure who he should come in for because Kish and Sparrow were good on Tuesday night while Bennett and Bridcutt are certainties to start I would imagine.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Bearing in mind Tranmere's current abysmal form and seeming lack of confidence with their physio (sorry manager!) saying he would make 9 or 10 team changes if he could, I think we have to go for the jugular from the start so:

Ankergren

Bridcutt

Bennett Sparrow

Wood Murray Barnes

Agree with this.Given the oppostion I'd expect Gus to deploy the BMW attack to full effect and then make changes from the hour mark onwards.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand

Ankergren

Bridcutt

Bennett Sparrow

Wood Murray Barnes

Agree with this. Gus will want to have the game wrapped up by half time and I expect us to start strongly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would start with:

Ankergren

Calderon
Greer
El Abd
Painter

Bennett
Kishishev
Bridcutt