Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life after BZ

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
BZ's sale could have been the reason SC signed a new contract. Don't remember the exact phrase but Coppell said a few weeks ago that it would be be better if Bobby left sooner rather than later.

We know SC gets the best out of most players and the spirit in the team is excellent. With a few new players we should not be in the position that were in last season , when BZ was injured it
left the team too weakened to be able to win a game. The one man team taunts were pretty close to the truth because of our reliance on him to score or make goals.

Until we know who the replacements are it isn't possible to predict how we will do next season, but in a months time I expect
us to be a competive team with strength in depth and able to replace any injured players with players of similar ability.

BZ is a legend but his influence overshadowed the rest of the team and that is not how a club should be run. I have complete faith that Coppell has the ability to make us a front runner next season and I do not believe that he would have signed a new contract without assurances about the amount of money to be made available, once Zamora was sold.

BZ will always be remembered as one of our best players but we could never have kept him happy this season and,going against the grain, I think the club will benefit from his transfer.

Thanks, good luck and goodbye BZ :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Quite true, we have to be philosphical about it and move on.

gonzo666

Jul 5, 2003
southwick
yer good luck B Z :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here