Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lib Dem leadership contest

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Looks likely to be Menzies Campbell, but from a Falmer perspective I'd rather see Simon Hughes (Millwall fan, and signator to EDM 889), or Mark Oaten (another signatory of EDM 889). Do we know who Baker supports?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Watford O, I would suggest you steer clear from the world of politics. It is a world of dog eat dog, stab or be stabbed.

I happen to have liked Charlie Kennedy, however the Lib Dems have failed to grasp the mettle since the general election, the Tories were down and almost out, they have since started to recover, the Lib Dems missed out on a lifetime opportunity to take over as the natural opposition, they failed. It is time for a new man at the helm to drive the party forward. Within the last couple of weeks we had a thread about drinking and driving, sadly it appears that is precisely what Charlie has been up to, but in his case it was a political party and not a car.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Jim in the West said:
Looks likely to be Menzies Campbell, but from a Falmer perspective I'd rather see Simon Hughes (Millwall fan, and signator to EDM 889), or Mark Oaten (another signatory of EDM 889). Do we know who Baker supports?

Observer today says he is supporting Menzies Campbell; who in a perverse way appears to be known as Ming or Mingis. What does he think he is - a chinese vase?

Anyway, at least it looks as though we don't have to start an "anyone but Baker" campaign.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Gully said:
Watford O, I would suggest you steer clear from the world of politics. It is a world of dog eat dog, stab or be stabbed.

I happen to have liked Charlie Kennedy, however the Lib Dems have failed to grasp the mettle since the general election, the Tories were down and almost out, they have since started to recover, the Lib Dems missed out on a lifetime opportunity to take over as the natural opposition, they failed. It is time for a new man at the helm to drive the party forward. Within the last couple of weeks we had a thread about drinking and driving, sadly it appears that is precisely what Charlie has been up to, but in his case it was a political party and not a car.
[/QUOTE

I know what the world of politics involves. However, the libs are NEVER going to form a government and they have failed to use the advantages they have such as their stance on the war and instead seem to have decided to go nuclear! Idiots. Your drink driving analogy has no meaning.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Re: Re: Lib Dem leadership contest

Screaming J said:
Observer today says he is supporting Menzies Campbell; who in a perverse way appears to be known as Ming or Mingis.

It's a Scottish thing.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
The LibDems will now have to concentrate on local politics and nationally they will self distruct.
The next election will see the return of two party politics,middle left and middle right.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Last edited:

vauxhallexile

Jul 31, 2003
Re: Re: Lib Dem leadership contest

Screaming J said:
Observer today says he is supporting Menzies Campbell; who in a perverse way appears to be known as Ming or Mingis. What does he think he is - a chinese vase?

Anyway, at least it looks as though we don't have to start an "anyone but Baker" campaign.

Mingis is (I think!) the correct way of pronouncing it. Also, as a former Olympic medalist, he may be more pro-sporting than the previous leader. Another option for Falmer fans would be Ed Davey (MP for Kingston and Nottingham fan) who also signed the EDM.

vauxhallexile

Jul 31, 2003
WATFORD O said:
Gully said:

[/QUOTE

I know what the world of politics involves. However, the libs are NEVER going to form a government and they have failed to use the advantages they have such as their stance on the war and instead seem to have decided to go nuclear! Idiots. Your drink driving analogy has no meaning.

They could easily end up being PART of a government - most other countries have some form of a coalition between more than one party.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Quite possibly, though they have said in the past that there is no way that they would do a deal with the Tories, being from opposite ends of the political spectrum since Labour lurched to the right. Ironically the Lib Dems were in a power sharing agreement with Labour in Scotland, so I guess the only possibility of them doing so in the rest of the UK would be if there were a hung parliament after the next election.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
There could be very important implications in our war against Baker/DeVecchi/Commin.
What do others think ?
It seems to me that we have always under-estimated the spiteful anti-sport attitudes of our 3 big enemies.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
mona said:
There could be very important implications in our war against Baker/DeVecchi/Commin.
What do others think ?
It seems to me that we have always under-estimated the spiteful anti-sport attitudes of our 3 big enemies.

If Simon Hughes were to be made leader, there MAY be an opportunity to get Baker shut up on the whole Falmer issue....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I like Simon Hughes.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
sorry

fuckometer2sp.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BensGrandad said:
They are having problems as they cannot decide who to back perhaps they should invite a certain Bath Councillor to become an MP and go for leader.
:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here