Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Boy oh boy did we miss him tonight and it really shows how important he is as a holding midfielder.

Sorry to say this but Hammond really struggled to play that position tonight.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't really agree - Peterborough didn't threaten through the middle at all.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I think we missed him enormously, but not in defensive duties. The way he is always available to take the ball off the defence and link defence to attack was noticeable in its absence, Hammond just didn't do the job as well as he does. I think we missed Adam, too.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
P'boro didn't threaten through the middle, but I don't think it was necessarily defensively we missed him.

The majority of times Hammond or Crofts dropped deeper to receive the ball from Greer/Dunk, they'd give it straight back whereas Bridcutt often rolls sideways to play it wide which keeps things flowing a bit smoother

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
considering its dunks first game of the season he slotted in well

I thought Dunk was superb and I am expecting a mega slating but here goes - the weak link in defence is sadly Greer in my view as gives the ball away far too much.

As for missing Liam there was a point in the 2nd half were he would have been 10 yards further up field and received the ball with a run at the penalty area whereas Hammond was static.

Last edited:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I thought Dunk was superb and I am expecting a mega slating but here goes - the weak link in defence is sadly Greer in my view as gives the ball away far too much.

Greer looked ropey tonight and hasn't looked particularly great all season

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I still dont think that Greer will finish the season as club captain.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Didnt miss Bridcutt at all tonight. If Pboro had overrun us in midfield i would agree, but quite simply they didnt.
This.

It was the perfect game for Bridders to sit out a ban and also El-Abd through injury. Posh were simply awful apart from the first 10 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here