Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leyton Orient's away support - EMBARRASSMENT

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
probably got down here and headed for the beach instead!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What was the attendance? I did not hear it. Good to see the family stand overflowing, but it was FREE wasn't it?

Ps If anyone caught the Withdean Wager number, I would be much obliged....

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
What was the attendance? I did not hear it. Good to see the family stand overflowing, but it was FREE wasn't it?

They sell them for £5 per ticket.

As for the original post, it's a lot of money for a shit view. First time we came to the Withdean, we sold out quite quickly and had to get tickets in the home end, last visit we didn't sell out. A lot of people cited the cost for such a shit view as the reason for not bothering.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think our rivalry with Orient is at an end, they brought a pathetic few and our support was shit as was the teams performance. I do not remember a game against them that had so little passion from the fans of both sides.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
They sell them for £5 per ticket.

As for the original post, it's a lot of money for a shit view. First time we came to the Withdean, we sold out quite quickly and had to get tickets in the home end, last visit we didn't sell out. A lot of people cited the cost for such a shit view as the reason for not bothering.
QPR were only ever in that end once weren't they?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
6,675 (6,331 home; 344 away)

Attendance at the first two league games of the season (Bristol Rovers / Orient) is up 19.4 per cent, compared with last season (Northampton / Southend)

Again, mainly due to the U20's offer, the packed family stand, and optimism after good away win.

Many more games like that however, and we'll be back into the 5000's in NO TIME.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I can understand away supporters not wishing to sit in the area we allot them, I would not accept to sit in that stand if it was available to home supporters.

Jan 30, 2008
I think our rivalry with Orient is at an end, they brought a pathetic few and our support was shit as was the teams performance. I do not remember a game against them that had so little passion from the fans of both sides.
we have NEVER had a rivalry with orient FACT

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Family Stand - free for Seagulls Club members plus one adult. I doubt many people in Family Stand actually bought a ticket for today. Would be interesting to find out how many people paid to get in.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Family Stand - free for Seagulls Club members plus one adult. I doubt many people in Family Stand actually bought a ticket for today. Would be interesting to find out how many people paid to get in.

I paid today, but only because we got our voucher late and didn't want a repeat of Barnet nightmare. Will use our vouchers for the Huddersfield and Crewe games instead. Doubt many in family stand paid today though.

Was very surprised at Orients lack of numbers today too.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I was very dissapointed with the Orient turn out today. When you consider that we played them last season on a saturday lunchtime up there (and it was live on sky) and we packed the away end out with around 2000. They didnt even bring 300 for a 3.00pm kick off!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Talking to an Orient supporter at work, a lot of them got South Stand tickets because of the view from the away end. If it's a choice between being able to wear colours and offer, intermittent, vocal support and actually being able to see the game, many opted for the latter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here