Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk - Arsenal?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
How has Bridcutt managed to slip underneath everyone's radar? Not that I'm complaining or anything, I just thought he'd have drummed up a bit of interest as well...

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Very much fixtures. Did find this though, which I haven't seen mentioned..

Fulham and Aston Villa are considering a January move for Brighton defender Lewis Dunk - Football News - Football - Sport - People.co.uk

FULHAM and Aston Villa are keeping tabs on Brighton defender Lewis Dunk, with a view to a January move.

The 19-year-old centre-half has made a great start to the season after injuries to team-mates paved the way for a run in the first team.

The Premier League pair will continue to monitor the former Brighton youth-team captain’s progress at the Amex Stadium before the transfer window opens, although both know he will not come cheap.

Seagulls boss Gus Poyet does not want to lose Dunk and will demand at least £1.5million, which could prove too costly for Fulham and Villa.

Figure probably plucked from thin-air, but you'd hope we'd set his price at a bit higher than that.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I hope we don't get the "can't stop the lad taking a chance of premiership football" line again.

this....... but if he does go, it can't be January, unless we can loan back and club must insist on certain appearance and sell on clauses.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Cos that's what Arsenal really need, an inexperienced defender. Good thinking, Arsene.

Dunk has been immense this season, and huge credit goes to the steadying influence of Greer. Arsenal have no equivalent.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
1.5 million i would bloody well hope not,to be fair its dunk's first full season this season so should stay for another couple of years. :)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If we get offered silly money we have to take it, the lads quality and we shouldn't stop him going to the Prem, especially Arsenal...reckon we'd get £5 mill plus add ons...imagine what we could do with that in the transfer window? I'd want him to stay, but quality defenders are easier to replace than say a top striker imo, especially at Championship level. Look on the bright side...at least we'd have him till January!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
£1.5M!?

If Oxlade is up to £15M, I think around £8M is fair.

What did Bale, and Smalling go for?

Definitely this...we should hold out for top dollar.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
If we carry on in the same rich vein of form to the end of the season we can expect quite a few clubs to come sniffing around for our players. It's a by product of having success unfortunately.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We are now in the Championship , our best players are worth more so we should be knocking back bids for Dunky that are less than £5M.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Cos that's what Arsenal really need, an inexperienced defender. Good thinking, Arsene.

Dunk has been immense this season, and huge credit goes to the steadying influence of Greer. Arsenal have no equivalent.

Arsenal obviously don't need an inexperienced defender, hence Wenger will probably try and sign him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here