Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes vs palace friendly - remf

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
The multi million pound beast leans on its nearest non league team to get what it's owed.

Leans - meaning helps it out immensely and will probably continue to do so? Odd dictionary you fellows use

!!!It was 2p in the £!

Yes because unlike 1p in the £ that is entirely acceptable and in no way shafts any small businesses.

Jan 12, 2012
There was a montage from a Brighton fan with about 60 photo's to plough through , from that you could roughly guess the number of supporters who would have paid full price , its a bit like guessing the true attendance at Smellhurst - is it the number actually in the ground or season ticket holders added to on the day cash sales ? :mad:

See,thats where you miss calculated. Some of these photo's could have contained multi shots and different angle shots of the same group of supporters. Its a easy mistake to make, so its best not to assume figures, but leave it to the people who were there .:wink:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The multi million pound beast leans on its nearest non league team to get what it's owed. You can't work out the gate receipts from photo's FFS !!!It was 2p in the £, and the Palace fans who turn up on Friday will contribute to a good cause.
Give it a rest, you're giving Brighton fans a bad name !!

Don't use the charity to further your feeble argument.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Well I just hope a lot of people turn up to support the mighty Rooks and donate money to a good cause through their gate money. This debate that is going on seems a bit pointless to me. Just turn up and enjoy the football or get on with your lives.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Well I just hope a lot of people turn up to support the mighty Rooks and donate money to a good cause through their gate money. This debate that is going on seems a bit pointless to me. Just turn up and enjoy the football or get on with your lives.

This absolutely. COYR!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
See,thats where you miss calculated. Some of these photo's could have contained multi shots and different angle shots of the same group of supporters. Its a easy mistake to make, so its best not to assume figures, but leave it to the people who were there .:wink:

The official gate was 2203.

Jan 30, 2008
It is shitty behaviour regardless of your/Lewes donation to the REMF that's serious money you screwed out of Bath, and a wasted weekend in terms if generating money, just because you couldn't be arsed with a coach journey.[/QUOTE

Have a day off !
Maybe some of you can come along on Friday to contribute.
where you drinking ,the volunteer by any chance :whistle:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm going to sidestep the argument and just say

Money going to the REMF = good news.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Heard today that Palace didn't want any money from the game, because they were grateful that Lewes could arrange the game at short notice. After suggesting a local charity, Lewes suggested remf, which is a worthwhile cause.
Now if that is true, I'm surprised Brighton didn't suggest something similar,it's not as if you need the money.

That Nigel, is a thin tissue of horseshit.

Palace had nothing to do with suggesting any charitable cause. It was suggested to them, and they graciously agreed.

Last edited:

Mints

Banned
May 24, 2011
Alright then because CPFC2010 have said its a bigger deal to keep the fans happy it must be true. Would you jump off Beachy Head in your Palace shirt if they told you to ?

Why are you being such a twat? The thread is about Lewes and Palace donating money to a charity that is 100% associated with BHA.

That must be good news. Why not keep your stupid comments to more appropriate threads?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why are you being such a twat? The thread is about Lewes and Palace donating money to a charity that is 100% associated with BHA.

That must be good news. Why not keep your stupid comments to more appropriate threads?

Except that Palace aren't donating anything. Lewes is.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well done to Lewes FC for this gesture and for TLO for instigating it. A great result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here