Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes vs palace friendly - remf

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
So the bottom line is you arranged the game to get your money?
There's no flies on TB is there !

It was very Machiavellian.

1st we helped out a local club. Small amount of money involved, don't worry about it we'll sort it out sometime say BHAFC.
Later we arrange a friendly with them, one guaranteed to sell out, a fixture that any club at their level would give their eye teeth for.
Lewes, obviously frightened out their wits by the bullying mega-corporation of BHAFC say hey how about we pay you that money once we've totted up this little windfall.
Despite all the devious scheming both sides continue to have a good working relationship. Crazy.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Seagullovergrimsby gets it wrong, well I never !
Im surprised you took the £8 k from them tbh
I ain't got anything wrong , most of the photos I've seen indicate most of the Brighton fans would have been paying a tenner to get in. I was unaware that Lewes owed us £8k when we sent players to them on loan , at least they had the common decency to pay it back in full and not 1p in the £. If they were selling Harveys at the ground they must have made quite a bit just on the beer takings. At least Lewes have made some money from the friendly unlike Bath City who now have written off spending £6,000+ they expected. Lewes won't make much on Friday night as Palace fans won't turn up in numbers (less than 200 ?)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The expected gate receipts from Tuesday night was £13,000, don't forget there was an awful lot of kids there who paid two quid to get in. Take the £8K to pay back to the Albion and that leaves £5K, so I'm not sure where you get £25K from. They didn't earn £20K from food, drink and the raffle.

So they might have made £10k on the night ? I thought £25k was a reasonable estimate as it was a 2,200 sellout PLUS all the takings from the booze (Harveys) and rook pies , take off the £8k I didn't know the Albion were owed and I don't think I was too far out. Perhaps my maths are on a level with Palace fans (Clyne £2.2M - not all of it up front to avoid a tribunal , Ambrose £250k not £1M , Scannell £400k not £750K)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
So they might have made £10k on the night ? I thought £25k was a reasonable estimate as it was a 2,200 sellout PLUS all the takings from the booze (Harveys) and rook pies , take off the £8k I didn't know the Albion were owed and I don't think I was too far out. Perhaps my maths are on a level with Palace fans (Clyne £2.2M - not all of it up front to avoid a tribunal , Ambrose £250k not £1M , Scannell £400k not £750K)

Look, you silly sausage, no matter how many times you claim that Scannell went for £400k - it simply isn't true. Blind repetition does not a fact make.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Look, you silly sausage, no matter how many times you claim that Scannell went for £400k - it simply isn't true. Blind repetition does not a fact make.

Alright then because CPFC2010 have said its a bigger deal to keep the fans happy it must be true. Would you jump off Beachy Head in your Palace shirt if they told you to ?

Jan 12, 2012
I ain't got anything wrong , most of the photos I've seen indicate most of the Brighton fans would have been paying a tenner to get in. I was unaware that Lewes owed us £8k when we sent players to them on loan , at least they had the common decency to pay it back in full and not 1p in the £. If they were selling Harveys at the ground they must have made quite a bit just on the beer takings. At least Lewes have made some money from the friendly unlike Bath City who now have written off spending £6,000+ they expected. Lewes won't make much on Friday night as Palace fans won't turn up in numbers (less than 200 ?)

The multi million pound beast leans on its nearest non league team to get what it's owed. You can't work out the gate receipts from photo's FFS !!!It was 2p in the £, and the Palace fans who turn up on Friday will contribute to a good cause.
Give it a rest, you're giving Brighton fans a bad name !!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The multi million pound beast leans on its nearest non league team to get what it's owed. You can't work out the gate receipts from photo's FFS !!!It was 2p in the £, and the Palace fans who turn up on Friday will contribute to a good cause.
Give it a rest, you're giving Brighton fans a bad name !!
There was a montage from a Brighton fan with about 60 photo's to plough through , from that you could roughly guess the number of supporters who would have paid full price , its a bit like guessing the true attendance at Smellhurst - is it the number actually in the ground or season ticket holders added to on the day cash sales ? :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here