Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes vs palace friendly - remf

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You mean what Lewes are doing.

Both clubs wasn't it ? Look I'm not getting anywhere with this with some of you . The gesture is a good one from lewes ( with a small contribution from palace fans ) and that's goodnight .

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good cheap dig there , well done ! I'm sure the REMF will appreciate the gesture .

But your treatment of Bath IS shitty, regardless of Lewes' donation to charity, so it isn't a cheap dig at all.

And I've captained the Albion team in the REMF match, single handedly organised two REMF 6 a side tournaments, and have raised over £2000 for the charity, so please don't lecture me about 'gestures'.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
But your treatment of Bath IS shitty, regardless of Lewes' donation to charity, so it isn't a cheap dig at all.

And I've captained the Albion team in the REMF match, single handedly organised twoREMF 6 a side tournaments, and have raised over £2000 for the charity, so please don't lecture me about 'gestures'.
Fair do's if that's the case I apologise for my comment . In having to stick up for my club on here I kind of assume most comments about us are very anti so I seem to go on the offensive .

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Fair do's if that's the case I apologise for my comment . In having to stick up for my club on here I kind of assume most comments about us are very anti so I seem to go on the offensive .

You don't have to be on here at all

Jan 12, 2012
Heard today that Palace didn't want any money from the game, because they were grateful that Lewes could arrange the game at short notice. After suggesting a local charity, Lewes suggested remf, which is a worthwhile cause.
Now if that is true, I'm surprised Brighton didn't suggest something similar,it's not as if you need the money.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Heard today that Palace didn't want any money from the game, because they were grateful that Lewes could arrange the game at short notice. After suggesting a local charity, Lewes suggested remf, which is a worthwhile cause.
Now if that is true, I'm surprised Brighton didn't suggest something similar,it's not as if you need the money.

I don't imagine we got any money.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

We don't take any money from any of our local freindlies.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

As if we got any money for that game.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Not a club known for penny pinching / doing local business (or not so local, ie. Bath) out of money. And all because you didn't fancy a coach journey Bath miss a chance to have a prestigious friendly which could make the difference of a couple of players or good maintenance of their pitch. Oh well, the CPFC train must keep on trucking with nil regard.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

AFAIK the friendly with Lewes was part of the agreement when we signed Solly March , the revenue generated for The Rooks will work out to about a third of their £75k ANNUAL players wage budget. We played for nothing and on Tuesday evening the question of making a donation to REMF wasn't an issue as it hadn't been raised.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Under normal circumstances the home side keeps all the gate receipts from prestigious friendlies, hence the reason why smaller clubs are keen to put these games on. However it has been well publicised that Lewes were in the poo financially a couple of years ago and nearly went out of business. They managed to pay off all the people they owed money to, at least all those that were putting them under pressure to pay. They owed the Albion £8,000 for expenses involved in loaning players and this has finally been paid back out of the gate receipts from Tuesday evening.

Last season Lewes on the end of a late cancellation. Crawley were due to bring their first team down for a game but cancelled because the pitch was too hard so it's not unheard of.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
AFAIK the friendly with Lewes was part of the agreement when we signed Solly March , the revenue generated for The Rooks will work out to about a third of their £75k ANNUAL players wage budget. We played for nothing and on Tuesday evening the question of making a donation to REMF wasn't an issue as it hadn't been raised.

The expected gate receipts from Tuesday night was £13,000, don't forget there was an awful lot of kids there who paid two quid to get in. Take the £8K to pay back to the Albion and that leaves £5K, so I'm not sure where you get £25K from. They didn't earn £20K from food, drink and the raffle.

Jan 12, 2012
The expected gate receipts from Tuesday night was £13,000, don't forget there was an awful lot of kids there who paid two quid to get in. Take the £8K to pay back to the Albion and that leaves £5K, so I'm not sure where you get £25K from. They didn't earn £20K from food, drink and the raffle.

Seagullovergrimsby gets it wrong, well I never !
Im surprised you took the £8 k from them tbh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here