Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes District Council's MySpace page - yeah right

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Hi everyone...

So, I get a message on my myspace ( http://www.myspace.com/stephengrantuk ) from Lewes District Council ( http://www.myspace.com/lewesdistrictcouncil ). Yeah, that's right, apparently they have a MySpace page. Hmmmm.

The message goes as follows:

-----------------

Dear Mr Grant,
We here at Lewes District Council headquarters are huge fans of yours. We would like to discuss the possibility of you compering a special Lewes Council Christmas Comedy night at the Lewes Little Theatre.

Best wishes,
Ann De Vecchi (chair)

-----------------

Is a NSC'er having a little prank with me? I'm pretty sure my personal opinions on everything that has gone on re: Falmer have been published both in print and on my radio show.

For whoever was trying to 'sting' me, good attempt; it's quite possible that LDC might want me to do a Comedy night, but ...

1. ADV wouldn't contact me directly
2. She certainly wouldn't message me at 2:43am

And the key point here is that I would NOT do it- and I would only do it if I felt I had something to gain by getting the point across. I'm pretty angry about the whole Falmer thing today; but I still reckon I could convince a few of the lib-dem nimbies to sway through reason. And if not, through an elaborate hostage situation.

If it was a test of my faith, I feel I passed. BTID.

Stephen

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
yeah play along with them and just go MENTAL when you get on stage.....what an opportunity

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
dwayne said:
yeah play along with them and just go MENTAL when you get on stage.....what an opportunity

Dwayne, it's very very very likely that there is actually no comedy performance.

I think you may have missed the point of this, somehow.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I'm pretty sure it's not genuine you know... this isn't how councils book entertainment. It could be, but it's unlikely.

I haven't replied yet.

Does anyone think that LDC's Myspace page is genuine?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Comedy Steve said:
I'm pretty sure it's not genuine you know... this isn't how councils book entertainment. It could be, but it's unlikely.

I haven't replied yet.

Either it is, very bizarrely, genuine, or someone has gone to a heck of a lot of effort to play a practical joke.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Comedy Steve said:

I haven't replied yet.

looks geniune enough to me.

don't most councils have half of NSP as myspace friends?

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
they invited me to be thier "friend" as well, would have posted a shitty comment but you've got to accept to do that

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
In one of the Star Trek films, Captain Kirk - never an admirer of the Klingons - is sent my Starfleet Command as an olive branch to the Klingon Empire. When he asks why he is being sent, Spock replies 'On Vulcan, we have a saying - Only Nixon Could Go To China'.

This kind of seems appropriate now - shame it's a wind-up.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
almost worth signing up to MySpace just to leave a comment....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here