Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes District Council report me to the Old Bill!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Just had the following (very courteous if has to be said) email from Sussex Police:

I have received a complaint from Lewes District Council regarding the wanted2 poster on your website.

We discussed the fact that the wanted3 poster made a legitimate political point regarding the use of public money to fund the judicial review. However, the same cannot be held for the more emotive language used in wanted2. It is the use of the term "murder" that has caused the distress.

The email finishes by asking me to remove that particular image from my site.

Not having designed those wanted posters in order to PLEASE the Leader of the Council it's hardly a surprise that she doesn't like them! But I'd have thought a reasonable first step would be for the Council to contact me first and ask if I could remove the picture. If I refused then they could consider what other action might be appropriate.

Running off to the Police strikes me as a very cowardly way of dealing with things.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Change it to CRAP

CARRYING RESENTMENT AGAINST PRESCOTT

Its nearer the truth

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Exactly what law do the police say you are breaking ?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Are you going to be arrested under the new powers?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
ha ha ha ha ha ....post the banner poster thing on here pls ROZ! go on...well funny.

C.U.N.T.S

:clap2:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Couldn't Miss Ugly Bollocks Council Woman (or whatever she's called) just, erm, not visit your website? Crazy idea, I know...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How PATHETIC, running to the police and wasting their time with shite like this. The police are obliged to follow things up if a complaint is made, so I don't necessary blame them for emailing you Roz. But for De Vecchi to deem this worthy of police time just takes her pettyness to new heights. I hope she gets burgled.

Nice little story for the Argus though.
"Stony Silent Council Leader Calls For Arrest Over Poster"

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Westdene Seagull said:
Exactly what law do the police say you are breaking ?

Quite. Isn't this a civil matter rather than a criminal one?

LDC really are a bunch of cocks, aren't they?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Did Ann de Vecci's vegetative thug of a boyfriend ever get what he deserved for beating up that Argus photographer?

E

enigma

That is pathetic. All the problems in the world, and they waste their time on this. SCUM.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
How about

Wanted for the attempted destruction of BHAFC

or

Wanted for being totally f***ing useless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here