Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Letter to Keith Hill

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
As it's lunchtime (almost) I thought I'd pen something to Mr Hill:

Dear Mr Hill,

I was interested to read your department's recent press release entitled "Do you want a bigger say in planning matters for your community". You may be aware that there is currently a major planning issue in the city of Brighton & Hove which is possibly the subject of the greatest level of local public involvement in recent times. The matter concerns the public enquiry (held in 2003) into the proposed Community Stadium at Falmer on the outskirts of Brighton, on which Mr John Prescott will shortly deliberate.

The community of Brighton & Hove were consulted in two major ways:

Firstly via a ground-breaking referendum three years ago, in which two thirds of those consulted were in favour of the proposed site at Falmer;
Secondly via a massive petition, culminating in over 60,000 signatures in favour of Falmer being collected last year.

No other planning application in the history of Brighton & Hove has had so much evidenced support.

At a time when a significant proportion of the electorate is feeling disenfranchised, Mr Prescott and the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister have a fantastic opportunity to endorse the democratic wishes of the vast majority of residents of the city of Brighton & Hove by giving the go-ahead to the stadium.

I urge you to add your support to this enterprising and popular project.

hillk@parliament.uk

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Nice - it will be interesting to see whether he replies!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here