Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Letter in todays Construction News re: Falmer

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Seagull's stadium will harm the environment.

Sir,

While Brighton & Hove Albion supporters celebrate the approval of their new stadium, the rest of us are in despair at the short-sightedness of the decision.

Even Mr Prescott accepts that it will result in harm to the Sussex Downs, an area of outstanding natural beauty. The villagers of Falmer are not best pleased, either.

Just one more example of Mr Prescott's total lack of interest in the environment. If ever there was a man in the wrong job it is our Deputy Prime Minister.

P.Stockwell
Wilburton, Cambridgeshire

Obviously an important man as he feels he can speak for everyone other than BHA supporters :censored:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Thats right. If he's in Cambridgeshire, he should mind his own business. If he's in Sussex, he's a NIMBY. We get 'em both ways.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I bet he's totally oblivious to the proximity of the A27 to the stadium and the village - something the Falmer residents manage to forget every time they try and portray Falmer as a picture-postcard country village:lol:

Its hardly in the middle of the downs - its right next to a bloody dual carriagway:angry:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
To give him his due, he lives in what looks like a pretty happening place (yes, I am bored enough to have typed this into Google):

http://www.wilburton.org.uk/

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
227 BHA said:
Its hardly in the middle of the downs - its right next to a bloody dual carriagway:angry:

:clap2:

Thats the quoted fact that pisses me off the most.....dual carriageway, railway, university...middle of down land my arse

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The Boss said:
Seagull's stadium will harm the environment.

Sir,

While Brighton & Hove Albion supporters celebrate the approval of their new stadium, the rest of us are in despair at the short-sightedness of the decision.

Even Mr Prescott accepts that it will result in harm to the Sussex Downs, an area of outstanding natural beauty. The villagers of Falmer are not best pleased, either.

Just one more example of Mr Prescott's total lack of interest in the environment. If ever there was a man in the wrong job it is our Deputy Prime Minister.

P.Stockwell
Wilburton, Cambridgeshire

Obviously an important man as he feels he can speak for everyone other than BHA supporters :censored:
Is Graham Anderson still the editor, or is he the publisher nowadays? Either way, I'll have a word or two with him for allowing such drivel to be published.

ANDERSON OUT.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well Im a Brightonian through and through and im disgusted that the village is being knocked down and concreted over for a so called 'football stadium'

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Googling Mr Stockwell reveals him to be a member of the Cambridgeshire Bird Club and the following exciting entry:

Barn Owl seen regularly between Wilburton & Cottenham; 2 on April 10, 1 on April 11, 2 on April 14 (Peter Stockwell)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Juan Albion said:
Googling Mr Stockwell reveals him to be a member of the Cambridgeshire Bird Club and the following exciting entry:

Barn Owl seen regularly between Wilburton & Cottenham; 2 on April 10, 1 on April 11, 2 on April 14 (Peter Stockwell)

He will see more of them as we Sussex fellows are concreting and tarmaccing over the whole downs. He should be grateful! :angry:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Well Im a Brightonian through and through and im disgusted that the village is being knocked down and concreted over for a so called 'football stadium'

Well I am also Brightonian through and through and I am disgusted that the village isn't going to be knocked down and concreted over to make way for our car park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here