Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lets show support for Albert.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Albert Jarrett came on and certainly changed the game when Currie switched to the right.We had more shape and better balance.He made some great runs and looked really up for it.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Excellent performance.
But I have to agree with McGhees decision to take him off and bring Harding on to settle for the point.
Today Jarrett showed how he can come on and turn a game.
Virgo scored but Jarret was difference.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Cant see him changing the starting eleven until we lose. but jarrett got ahead of jones today, so surely he has to come in for hinselwood when he does make changes, he creates chances, goes past players, something we missed last season.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
really exciting to watch! must scare a alot of defences when he runs at them and his first touch today, his touch and cross :clap2: wish him and knight were on at the same time!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
The future is looking bright with a lot of these youngsters, but I do also agree with McGhee using Jarrett to come on and use his pace to run at the full-back when they are starting to tire.

Worked a treat yesterday

:clap2:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Seagull73 said:
The future is looking bright with a lot of these youngsters, but I do also agree with McGhee using Jarrett to come on and use his pace to run at the full-back when they are starting to tire.

Worked a treat yesterday

:clap2:

Agreed but Jarrett is far too good IMHO to be used sparingly from the subs bench. He's the quickest player I've seen in the blue and white stripes for over 20 years and undoubtedly one of the most skillful. What a find he could turn out to be.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What i liked was when he went off again he didnt throw a paddy he accepted mcghees reasons

well done thats the attitude we need

knight take note and stop acting like a little bitch

Albert has played a peripheral role in our recent revival. That was a risk taken by McGhee because there were lots of NSC people criticising Albert being subsituted and not selected in our earlier games as an example of McGhee losing the plot.

Once again, McGhee proved his NSC critics wrong.

People are again underestimating McGhee's drive for defensive solidity in our midfield, which has been a huge factor in our rise up the table.

I think Albert is a fantastic player but has a bit to learn about his defensive duties and, perhaps a little too often in his early season games with us, the final shot and pass has not been good enough to make his thrilling runs from midfield worthwhile. Such a talented, skilfull player will always be a fans' favourite but McGhee has to sweat blood about how that flair can be adapted to our workmanlike style.

Albert is a fantastic investment for us and under McGhee's tutelage will play a big role in our future. But I don't think he's automatic first choice at the moment, and his chances won't improve once the injured midfielders are match fit. A role as a gamebreaker from the bench looks a good one for him just now.

kinkygerbil said:
he could dop a job in a free role

I think McGhee prefers giving Currie that freedom, eg against Leicester, the end product is better. I didn't see the game yesterday so don't know if Currie was given license to roam there too.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
He's a good player to put on if we need a goal. I personally wouldn't start with him though.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes, Jarrett was very good yesterday... lightening pace and skill... but the other plus point was that when Jarrett came on, Currie returned to his best position on the right... this gave us the "correct shape" that MM is always going on about...

I agree with LI that Jarrett lacks the defensive qualities we need... perhaps Jones or Harding should come back into the side on the left-hand side of midfield at the expense of Hinsh, who is clearly playing out of position...

I would certainly drop Hinsh for one of those 2 for the Wolves game...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
Albert has played a peripheral role in our recent revival. That was a risk taken by McGhee because there were lots of NSC people criticising Albert being subsituted and not selected in our earlier games as an example of McGhee losing the plot.

Once again, McGhee proved his NSC critics wrong.

People are again underestimating McGhee's drive for defensive solidity in our midfield, which has been a huge factor in our rise up the table.

I think Albert is a fantastic player but has a bit to learn about his defensive duties

Here we go again :rolleyes:

Look sorry LI, it ain't nothing personal, honest - I'll happily buy you a Guinness at the Robin Cook gig - but...

Your first three paragraphs all started with a sideswipe at fellow NSC posters for not sharing your view of the world. Why IS that? Why not just state what your 'IMHO' is, like the rest of us, and leave it at that?

Your fourth paragraph states that Albert has 'a bit to learn about his defensive duties'. Might I tentatively put forward the hypothesis that it never crossed the mind of the former Wimbledon winger that he HAD any defensive duties? Any more than, say, Jonesy. Could possibly explain why he was brought on in the last third of the game to run at tiring defenders and was taken off again straightaway after we'd equalised in favour of a player who IS fully aware of his defensive duties. Good call by McGhee, good attitude by Jarrett. Smashing signing.

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Again. ;)

Last edited:

Stalking again, Tom? I didn't criticise anyone personally, I'll leave that stuff to you, my tiresome friend.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I can understand everyone going on about a tactical decision to take the lad back off but I think it can only be bad for Uncle Albert's confidence. I had this argument with Chez yesterday and think that although he was praised when taken off and probably told him he turned the game but I know I would think that I must have done something wrong and would be totally pi***d off that I had been hauled off.

Well done Albert. you scared the crap out of Watford today and hopefully you will have a very carer with us. :clap2:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:clap2: i've been amazed with him from the start

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here