Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Let's go for Di Canio then"

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'd sooner shit a hedgehog than welcome that nutter to our great club!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
If we appoint that fascist it will be a dark day for this football club.

How anyone can want this scumbag as our manager I have no idea

di-canio-salute.jpg

:nono:

This.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
anyone anti-di canio is therefore anti-flair and is therefore no friend of mine and i wish to have nothing to do with them

anyone pro-di canio is therefore pro-fascist and is therefore no friend of mine :moo:

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
No Nonsense, attractive style of football, would get big names in...

Him or someone like Alan curbishly or Paul Jewell???

PDC for me, at least it would be fun!!!

Di Canio or Paul Jewell? Are you serious? Curbishley has probably been out the game for too long. IF and its a MASSIVE IF we had to get a new man in the following are far more likely and/or the kinda manager Tony would for.....

Lee Clark
Karl Robinson
Eddie Howe
Roberto Di Matteo

anyone pro-di canio is therefore pro-fascist and is therefore no friend of mine :moo:

I don`t think if you are pro Di Canio becoming Brighton manager it means you are pro-fascist at all.We are not a political party and his beliefs have nothing to do with his managerial ability.If Gus was a communist would that mean I am pro communism?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I had a feeling this would be devisive between people who think a manager represents a club, and people who think only ability matters. On ability, he's probably a good candidate. But as a man? Different story. I wouldn't want him, Gus was starting to become unpopular amongst other fans, which then changes opinions of our football club. I think your manager is important for many reasons, and I wouldn't want Di Canio as our manager.

I'm not saying Gus is leaving, or that we would contemplate Di Canio, it's just theoretical.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Hes manager of a football club - not head of a political party, so his political views are irrelevant. I havent see anywhere at Swindon where he has been a "facist" and that he has let that get in the way of football.

He was a good player and he has a hell of a lot of passion (as seen in his press conferences). I think he would make the players work and would bring a good style of football to the club. He may of done some stupid things in the past, so is that to say he wouldnt be able to do a good job ? This probably wont matter now anyway as it seems Gus isnt going anywhere.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hes manager of a football club - not head of a political party, so his political views are irrelevant. I havent see anywhere at Swindon where he has been a "facist" and that he has let that get in the way of football.

He was a good player and he has a hell of a lot of passion (as seen in his press conferences). I think he would make the players work and would bring a good style of football to the club. He may of done some stupid things in the past, so is that to say he wouldnt be able to do a good job ? This probably wont matter now anyway as it seems Gus isnt going anywhere.

those last few words are most relevant..that and he actually might not want to leave swindon

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
i really couldn't care less what his political viewpoints are

This.

I dont care whether they are black, white, purple, gay, straight, bi, pre op, post op, monster raving loon, far right, far left, whatever.

I only care if they are a good manager and as it stands he is getting swindon going at the moment.

Tell you what when the inevitable happens and Gus does go (eventually) if Di Canio carries on doing well then I bet Lord Tony will consider him.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Yes but would you still want someone who is so forthright in his views to represent our club.

Football in Italy is very political and he made his political affiliations very clear. For me it would be very dissappointing if he became our manager. Would you want someone at our club like Lee Hughes? For me, having such views and being a pro-nazi makes someone just as low a human being. I would never want him in charge of our club

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Yes but would you still want someone who is so forthright in his views to represent our club.

Football in Italy is very political and he made his political affiliations very clear. For me it would be very dissappointing if he became our manager. Would you want someone at our club like Lee Hughes? For me, having such views and being a pro-nazi makes someone just as low a human being. I would never want him in charge of our club

But this isnt Italy, this is England. He hasnt used Swindon to say his political views so why would he say them through Brighton ? Hes a professional and knows where there is a line.

Havent seen anywhere that he is "pro-nazi" myself and i wouldnt say hes like that, though im open to be proven wrong.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008

Just out of interest did you read the Independent that JCL666 posted? Even after it may not change your opinion on the guy but it's good to hear his side of the story on the "pro-nazi" claims.

He's clearly totally off his rocker mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here