Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's all laugh at Chelski

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
expect appeal after appeal after appeal. Finally FIFA might be doing something about tapping up though

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Ok, so now FIFA have to ban every club who have 'tapped someone up' from buying players. Ridiculous.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
No thanks, I'd much rather them win the title over some northern c*nt team and this considerably weakens them. :wanker:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
No thanks, I'd much rather them win the title over some northern c*nt team and this considerably weakens them. :wanker:

Really? fair enough I suppose, personally I would'nt piss in their mouths if their teeth were on fire but hey ho.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It won't, but FIFA just banning Chelsea is the ridiculous part.

I think it is because it is the first international case that has been proved. Berbatov we all know was tapped up, however Spurs chose never to make a complaint (which, would have been dealt with by the FA as it wasn't international).

Nevertheless, I hope it scares other clubs off of tapping up.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Amazing when you think that two faced muppet, Kenyon, was threatening to report Man City over the Terry affair. Personally, I am glad Chelski have been hit. Who knows, maybe Bayern will complain about Hargreaves and Manure about Real and Ronaldo. Could end up making the premiership more competitive.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Too right Wizard.

BI, while you want us to basically celebrate Manure being handed the title shall be all start supporting Crystal Palace as well??

No no no Chez, you have the wrong end of my stick.
I hate them all. Chelski, Manure, City, Liverpool. Even Newcastle

Where the more money they have got and the more money they can make is more important than anything.

But Chelski have got a particular place in my black heart because their johnny come lately fans are just about the most revolting product that Sky's Premier League have produced.

One minute hanging on at the bottom of the second division with only a handful of celebrities and thugs for fans.........
Next minute, Russian oligarchs, loads of money and you can't move in the Kings Road for fur coats and fashionable newbies.

I would rather people support Crystal Palace than these because at least they are a football club (of sorts) and not a made-for-tv soap opera

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Very, very funny. They can't have had an inkling this could happen, or they'd have signed more players last month.

They won't do that again, so 100 per cent successful deterrent.

While Chelsea should know better, feel a bit sorry for the lad himself - he can only have been 16 or so, not sure he should be held accountable for the vagaries of poaching law.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
No no no Chez, you have the wrong end of my stick.
I hate them all. Chelski, Manure, City, Liverpool. Even Newcastle

Where the more money they have got and the more money they can make is more important than anything.

But Chelski have got a particular place in my black heart because their johnny come lately fans are just about the most revolting product that Sky's Premier League have produced.

One minute hanging on at the bottom of the second division with only a handful of celebrities and thugs for fans.........
Next minute, Russian oligarchs, loads of money and you can't move in the Kings Road for fur coats and fashionable newbies.

I would rather people support Crystal Palace than these because at least they are a football club (of sorts) and not a made-for-tv soap opera
Its unprovable but I would lay any money you like you've never been to stamford bridge , slate the johhny come latelies all you like but dont tar the people who have been going for years with the same brush.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Its unprovable but I would lay any money you like you've never been to stamford bridge , slate the johhny come latelies all you like but dont tar the people who have been going for years with the same brush.

Last time I went there was about four years ago.
In the "superstore" was this woman in a fur coat with her two posh kids, both of whom had armfuls of various toys and branded crap.
Behind her was a bloke who was about 45-50 with a skinhead and a skin tight Lampard shirt on. Probably XXXL.
It was so funny to see the past meet the future.
I've also been up there with my mate who's a season ticket holder up there. He's a proper fan and equally as frustrated at the money money money way of things at the bridge.

If that's the sort of football you like, fine, but if all of a sudden they are not allowed to just buy who they like, I wonder how they'll get on. I only wonder, its not like I give a shit.

According to the BBC:
Chelsea insist they will "mount the strongest appeal possible" and say the sanctions are "totally disproportionate to the alleged offence".

A statement from the Premier League club added: "We cannot comment further until we receive the full written rationale for this extraordinarily arbitrary decision."

However, someone's obviously not done their homework:
Fifa punished Switzerland's FC Sion for a similar offence in April and the club was told it could not sign players until the 2010 off-season.

This was punishment for luring Egypt goalkeeper Essam El Hadary in 2008 before his deal with Al-Ahly had expired.

Like Kakuta, El Hadary received a four-month ban from playing.

Sion have appealed to CAS, which has frozen the sanctions while it considers the case, allowing the club to trade before the current season began. A ruling is expected later this year.

Suddenly doesn't appear all that 'extraordinarily arbitrary', does it? Especially given the warning they received after the whole Ashley Cole saga...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If the appeal is thrown out, then the punishment should be DOUBLED.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here