Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lest ANYONE forget el-Abd's contribution

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
good game again today, but no way first name on the team sheet - he was our second best centre back for a start

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Oh, what rubbish.
Yes, he was good today, yes he's had 2 good games - nobody will argue with that.

But first name on the team sheet? What toss. What about the man alongside him, Elphick, who's been good or brilliant in EVERY game this season, and hasn't made f***-ups that have cost us matches either?

Oh, what rubbish.
Yes, he was good today, yes he's had 2 good games - nobody will argue with that.

But first name on the team sheet? What toss. What about the man alongside him, Elphick, who's been good or brilliant in EVERY game this season, and hasn't made f***-ups that have cost us matches either?

Good job Adam has covered for him, otherwise HE would have been the goat.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Good job Adam has covered for him, otherwise HE would have been the goat.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

elphick was immense today, and i cant remember him putting one foot wrong

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
some people obviously can't wait until he makes a mistake so that they can slate the f*** out of him once again. I really don't understand it. He's a fully-committed player who bleeds blue and white. He's obviously had some fantastic performances in the last couple of games. Can we not just congratulate him and leave it at that?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
El Abd had his best ever game today I thought.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
some people obviously can't wait until he makes a mistake so that they can slate the f*** out of him once again. I really don't understand it. He's a fully-committed player who bleeds blue and white. He's obviously had some fantastic performances in the last couple of games. Can we not just congratulate him and leave it at that?

seconded.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
El Abd was fine today, no huge clangers like the last couple of home games.
However, thank CHRIST Peschisolido, Furlong and Sam Parkin were all crocked. Any one of them playing and it may not have been such a cakewalk at the back.

El Abd was fine today, no huge clangers like the last couple of home games.
However, thank CHRIST Peschisolido, Furlong and Sam Parkin were all crocked. Any one of them playing and it may not have been such a cakewalk at the back.

I doubt he would have been sporting, and let THEM play, either.

el-Abd's a troll, fol-de-rol, and he would eat them for his supper

What a load of old shite, NMH. El Abd played well today, as he did last week. But, that's what he SHOULD be doing. All he's achieved is, at long last, putting two performances of league quality back to back. If he can do that every week for a season, then fair play to him, he'll be a more than useful player to have around. But, as it stands, he's cost us many a match and goal, totally disrespected the fans, and now put two ok performances in. I'm not trying to criticise his performances in the last two weeks, but in all fairness they're only what 23 other league one teams are paying centre halves to put in. Plus, Luton were totally toothless upfront. If El Abd can continue this form over months rather than days, then I'll be the first to leave him alone, but as things stand he's got it all to prove. Also, you can't tell me we wouldn't have won today had Butters been in ahead of El Abd.

:bla:

That's right, Butters never gets beat, we never lost a match with Guy at the back. :rolleyes:

I just wonder who's to blame when we lose and AeA's not playing?

Oh that's right, it's FDM isn't it? The next line of defence.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I doubt he would have been sporting, and let THEM play, either.

el-Abd's a troll, fol-de-rol, and he would eat them for his supper

I'm not going to detract from AeA today, as he did nothing wrong and had a decent enough game. But Luton were completely punchless - they were missing ALL their main forwards, and it showed. They had the better of the 1st half, plenty of possession, and had they had any kind of cutting edge, our (obligatory) slow start could well have cost us.

Personally I feel more comfortable with Guy at the back. I just get the feeling that against anyone half decent, El Abd is an accident waiting to happen.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Adam el-Abd was magnificent yesterday: worked his arse off, read the game, a fantastic, typically-committed performance and my nomination for MoM, although Bas and Forster were also worthy candidates. And it's an excellent piece of intelligent management from Wilkins to have ignored his mistake - erm, he's a human being, like some of you, sometimes they're going to happen - and to have stuck by him.

Adam el-Abd was magnificent yesterday: worked his arse off, read the game, a fantastic, typically-committed performance and my nomination for MoM, although Bas and Forster were also worthy candidates. And it's an excellent piece of intelligent management from Wilkins to have ignored his mistake - erm, he's a human being, like some of you, sometimes they're going to happen - and to have stuck by him.

Man of Harveys :bowdown:

el-Abd has been pilloried for a deflection in a fast piece of play vs Leeds - despite loads of people stifling their moans BECAUSE he had a good game apart from that.
Oh it looks easy, in slow-mo, to trap the spinning ball that flies off someone else's body, rebounding to your feet on a nice flat piece of green grass.

ForGET about the Leeds goal - it was an ENORMOUS piece of luck on their part, and bad luck on a player who took up the right position at the moment it happened, but got a very bad bounce. IF a player is as involved in everything as el-Abd is (at all times!) then for 100 good and decisive touches, he gets it in the neck for one unlucky one.

Thank goodness, as MoH so rightly said, that Wilkins doesn't go with the noisy masses, and he sticks with this player.

About time many of our (slower) fans stuck by this player as well, he's an outstanding example to the rest of the team (and may becoming as much of a Brighton legend as Mark Lawrenson, he who scored 3 own-goals in Liverpool's legendary net;
Mark Lawrenson 23.04.1983 Norwich H League
Mark Lawrenson 17.01.1984 Sheff Wed A LC
Mark Lawrenson 21.02.1987 Aston Villa A League
La-wren-son, La-wren-son etc).
Oh but such players were much more glorious, in hindsight, and never put a foot wrong.

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
El-Abd was our best player in the first half, but I could still hear people moaning at him. He was superb yesterday, think it is time for some to get off his back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here