Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Les Parry's grapes are entertainingly sour

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Apologies if this has been posted before. From the Argus:

Tranmere boss Les Parry accused Albion players of getting his men into the referee's notebook.

Parry saw Andy Robinson sent-off and Ben Gordon booked for fouls as his side lost 3-0 at Withdean.

Asked after the game whether Robinson deserved his straight red, Parry admitted: "I'd like to look at it again.

"I couldn't say categorically that it wasn't a red card.

"But I'm going to have to have our lads in and have them lying down after tackles because it seems to be the only way you can get referees' decisions nowadays.

"After every tackle their players lay on the floor.

"Ben got booked exactly the same. Lay on the floor and as soon as he (Gordon) was booked, he was up.

"I thought for an experienced referee he fell for the five-card trick on numerous occasions."

Parry felt the scoreline was harsh on his relegation-threatened side.

He said: "We shouldn't have won the game but 3-0 isn't a fair reflection."

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I think he is referring to the tackle on Carole in front of the dug outs, where he did get up quite quickly and their left back got booked, but again the tackle was from behind and late.

He would be better off teaching his players to either be quicker to the ball or not to tackle from behind.

Both tackles were bad and down to frustration because they were struggling to get the ball from us.

CheshireSeagull

Jul 24, 2009
Cheshire
He's a physio who gives a shit what he said
1 booking and 1 red card that means he is basing those accusations on two tackles so every other time they commited a foul are players got straight back up.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Apologies if this has been posted before. From the Argus:

Tranmere boss Les Parry accused Albion players of getting his men into the referee's notebook.

Parry saw Andy Robinson sent-off and Ben Gordon booked for fouls as his side lost 3-0 at Withdean.

Asked after the game whether Robinson deserved his straight red, Parry admitted: "I'd like to look at it again.

"I couldn't say categorically that it wasn't a red card.

"But I'm going to have to have our lads in and have them lying down after tackles because it seems to be the only way you can get referees' decisions nowadays.

"After every tackle their players lay on the floor.

"Ben got booked exactly the same. Lay on the floor and as soon as he (Gordon) was booked, he was up.

"I thought for an experienced referee he fell for the five-card trick on numerous occasions."

Parry felt the scoreline was harsh on his relegation-threatened side.

He said: "We shouldn't have won the game but 3-0 isn't a fair reflection."

I agree it should have been 5-0

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
From 606:

comment by Tengullenhat (U7028517)
posted Yesterday
Having endured the outrageous facility that is Withdean Stadium (how on Earth have Brighton fans put up with that monstrosity of a place for so long?) I was then treated to one of the most dire performances from a Rovers side I have witnessed all season.

To be fair to the home side, we were totally outplayed and outclassed on the day, and this came to a head when Robinson made, what can only be described as, a totally outrageous tackle, and thoroughly deserved his marching orders. In the end we were actually fortunate to escape with just a 3-0 scoreline, in a match that highlighted just how badly we need someone at the helm who knows what they are doing.

Just to compound my thinking, I arrived home to discover the most amazing comments from LP written on the Rovers' website. Was that really him at the match yesterday? From his words, he must have somewhere else, because I found it quite incredulous that he should even try to say we stood a chance against a thoroughly organised and vastly improving Brighton side. He even states that we gifted them their goals and that the Robinson red card was dubious.
Our so-called manager has now completely lost it, and is simply resorting to cover his own imperfections by contemning the oppositions' style and supposed good fortune.

If we manage to escape the drop it will be a total miracle, and not down to the efforts of someone who should never have been made the boss in the first place.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Phew, a fan with a brain. Now they need a manager. Actually that fan would do a better job for them.

It reminds me of Micky Adams' horseshit about tall players or whatever: the minute a manager starts defending a performance that everyone else in the ground recognises as having thoroughly stunk the place out, then it's time to go.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Phew, a fan with a brain. Now they need a manager. Actually that fan would do a better job for them.

It reminds me of Micky Adams' horseshit about tall players or whatever: the minute a manager starts defending a performance that everyone else in the ground recognises as having thoroughly stunk the place out, then it's time to go.

Exactly Adams said they were "bigger" than us. Diddums.

That and it was THE Leeds United we were playing...

And Virgo on the wing. Etc.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Let's face it one of the most stupid decisions in football history was to get rid of tried and tested Ronnie Moore and replace him with clueless John Barnes. Moore only just missed out on the play-offs last season and what sort team would do that. ohh :down:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly Adams said they were "bigger" than us. Diddums.

That and it was THE Leeds United we were playing...

And Virgo on the wing. Etc.

Adams was a f***ing unmitigated DISASTER in his last stint here and his post match interviews made him sound like he'd been at a different game to the one Albion had just played. A bit like the Tranmere bloke.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I always wondered what it would be like if we made Malcolm Stuart manager.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
From 606:

comment by Tengullenhat (U7028517)
posted Yesterday
Having endured the outrageous facility that is Withdean Stadium (how on Earth have Brighton fans put up with that monstrosity of a place for so long?) I was then treated to one of the most dire performances from a Rovers side I have witnessed all season.

To be fair to the home side, we were totally outplayed and outclassed on the day, and this came to a head when Robinson made, what can only be described as, a totally outrageous tackle, and thoroughly deserved his marching orders. In the end we were actually fortunate to escape with just a 3-0 scoreline, in a match that highlighted just how badly we need someone at the helm who knows what they are doing.

Just to compound my thinking, I arrived home to discover the most amazing comments from LP written on the Rovers' website. Was that really him at the match yesterday? From his words, he must have somewhere else, because I found it quite incredulous that he should even try to say we stood a chance against a thoroughly organised and vastly improving Brighton side. He even states that we gifted them their goals and that the Robinson red card was dubious.
Our so-called manager has now completely lost it, and is simply resorting to cover his own imperfections by contemning the oppositions' style and supposed good fortune.

If we manage to escape the drop it will be a total miracle, and not down to the efforts of someone who should never have been made the boss in the first place.

:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here