Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Mckenzie --- worth £750,000 ??

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Barry Fry has quoted the albion £750,000 for the services of Leon Mckenzie . Is he worth that much ?

I think we need to spend the money recieved from Spurs on a proven striker like Tony Rougier perhaps. Is Leon Mckenzie worth 750K ?? I'm not sure. Post you views here please.

:banana:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Hardly worth £750,000 in the current market. I would say £250,000 tops. As usual Barry Fry is taking the piss me thinks.

:)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The only money we have is for wages not transfer fees. Rougier is out of contract so therefore would be free.

There is no comparison between the two things Barry Fry won't be getting anything from the Albion

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
3 reasons why this is a shit thread.

1) Barry Fry speaks NO truth, and has used Coppell as a pawn to get his player in the public eye.

2) Mckenzie will never be sold for £750,000 they will be lucky to get anything for him.

3)Quite clearly we will not sign this player.

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
So this is a topical thread about football that makes it a really crap thread for a football forum,

I agree it should be deleted, no-one on this site should be allowed to view a post related to football, especially if there is no mention of Dwayne!:stupid:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
£750,000K is ambitious to say the least.

Although Barry Fry has larged it up a bit about this player he also said he'd be happy for him to go on a Bosman at the end of the season.

Perhaps we should sign him then for nought when back in Div 1 ?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It's not a topical thread, Steve Coppell said several days ago that he wasn't interested in MacKenzie. And we already know that none of the money from the Zamora sale will be used for buying new players.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Curious Orange said:
It's not a topical thread, Steve Coppell said several days ago that he wasn't interested in MacKenzie. And we already know that none of the money from the Zamora sale will be used for buying new players.

Thankyou!!

Sometimes you gotta be cruel to be kind.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I wouldn't bet on the fact he was thanking you

midlandseagull

Jul 7, 2003
bewdley
fair enough....now what about the loan signing from Chelsea of Leon Knight? I know nothing about him. Does anyone else and would a longer loan have been a good idea (if it was an option)?

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
I know that but it is still being mentioned in the media and the original question was 'is he worth that much?' which is a fairly relevant topic compared to some of the other non football related stuff that gets posted on here,

At least this bloke is trying to talk football, give him a break!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He may well stay all season if he likes it.

Unlikely to a game at Chelsea - Jimmy Floyd, Gudjonson etc are all abit out of his class.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
midlandseagull said:
fair enough....now what about the loan signing from Chelsea of Leon Knight? I know nothing about him. Does anyone else and would a longer loan have been a good idea (if it was an option)?

This thread just keeps getting better!!!:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here