Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight - Transfer Listed By Rushden

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Not sure if has been on here already?

Our mate little Leon, is one of 8 players transfer listed last week by Rushden and Diamonds for "not grafting" - or put it another way, an expensive waste of large non league salaries

Never mind getting thrown off the team bus, seems ever more of a miracle we ever let him on it!

He has now been misunderstood by Swansea, MK Dons, Wycombe and Rushden! Do Burgess Hill need a new striker??

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder what his reaction would be if MA went and offered him a drink in the last chance saloon. Has he got the ability to come on as a sub when we need a goal, would he take the chance or remain 'Billy Big Boots'

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Leon Knight: Signed for R&D on August 24 2008

Transfer listed by R&D on 29 October 2008

Bless, isn't he a lovely lad, and only 25 too. Career has now taken in Chelsea, Huddersfield, Sheffield Wed, Brighton, Swansea, MK Dons, Wycombe and R&D.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I can't believe anybody out there would still want LK anywhere near our squad. It seems you have short memories and your view only relates to his footballing skill. Have you not forgotton how much of a disruptive influence he is in the dressing room, not just at Brighton but at every club he has been to since. My cousin is one of the supporter trust members at Rushden and his view is that he is going because of disruptive influence in the dressing room. Look back only last year at George 'the mouth' O'Callaghan and how his off-field influence nearly scuppered our season.

Get real and stear clear of the 'biggest' waste of tallent seen at Brigthon in the last 3 decades.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It seems you have short memories and your view only relates to his footballing skill.QUOTE]

That is what I am basing this on and I asked would he accept that this is a last chance and would MA be able to curb his disruptive influences. If the answer is yes then he would be a cheap and better addition to the bench as a striker than we have available once all the loan players have gone back, assuming we dont sign Fleetwood, which seems unlikely.

I would offer him a contract until end of the year to see what he does and if nothing we havent lost a lot. Perhaps the chance of a further contract will get his head in gear.

It seems you have short memories and your view only relates to his footballing skill.QUOTE]

That is what I am basing this on and I asked would he accept that this is a last chance and would MA be able to curb his disruptive influences. If the answer is yes then he would be a cheap and better addition to the bench as a striker than we have available once all the loan players have gone back, assuming we dont sign Fleetwood, which seems unlikely.

I would offer him a contract until end of the year to see what he does and if nothing we havent lost a lot. Perhaps the chance of a further contract will get his head in gear.

I'd love to see him back and on the bench for us every week-then I can insult the little twunt every week for his comments about this club and its fans.

Blue Square South next? And when he f**ks up there he'll end up working for the local supermarket's car park car wash.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

After what he said about hoping we get relegated I doubt he has the courage to come back here and face the fans. I would also suspect that there's something more to this movement down the leagues than just poor form or workrate. He'll come with more baggage than we can handle (or would want to).

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Monthly contract untill the end of the season then go from there.Thats what i would do.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
wonder if Swansea and MK Dons are as opposed with his ever move as some on here

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I havent checked it out but I would suggest that his scoring ratio per games played is higher than any body we have at the club now excluding Forster and Murray.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

what, in this universe, makes you think that LK will turnover a new leaf. It was the team spirit at the club during MA first spell that all the players thrived on (plus BZ's goals). Bring in a disruptive influence again and that will all go to pot. We will not sign all of the loan players, if any, so we have to rely on the existing squad to continue the run when the loanees return to their clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here