Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon And Mcghee In Massive Bust-up

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don't like the sound of this....from tomorrows Argus:

Albion boss Mark McGhee has been involved in an extraordinairy bust-up with star striker Leon Knight following the final whistle on Albion's 1-0 win at Leicester on Monday.

Knight, who was substituted during the second half, stormed away from the Walkers Stadium and refused to comment to reporters, but I understand that there was a heated exchange between Knight and Mcghee in the dressing room, culminating in Knight refusing to travel back on the coach with the rest of the team.

A player, who did not wish to be named, said: "Relations between Leon and the gaffer have been strained for a while now. Leon feels he is often singled out for criticism unfairly, and things just came to a head today after he was subbed. He walked off the pitch and completely blanked the boss. I didn't hear the whole exchange, but Mark (McGhee) said 'I'll speak to you later', or words to that effect, then it all kicked off once we got back in the dressing room. They had a big row and Leon just stormed off. He wasn't around when we were ready to leave on the coach, so the gaffer just told the driver to go. We've not heard from Leon since we got back, although we've got Tuesday off anyway".

The player then gave details of a "nightmare journey" up to the match at Wigan two weeks ago. "Leon was complaining that the seatbelts on his Duplo chair were too tight and were rubbing on his little shoulders. Mark told him it was for his own safety and he had to be securely fastened in case there was an accident, but Leon wouldn't have it and kept complaining until McGhee had to shout at him, which always really upsets him. Then when we stopped at a motorway service station, Leon had one of his tantrums because he wasn't allowed to go on the swings as we were a bit pushed for time. Then five minutes after we left the service station, Leon is saying he needs the toilet. And to top it all he dropped his ice cream all down the front of his clean shirt, and the gaffer hadn't bought another change of clothes for him either. Things turned ugly and Leon ended up having his Lego taken off him for the rest of the journey. To be honest it makes it a bit of a nightmare for the rest of the lads because there's always such a tense atmosphere between them".

Mark Mcghee was unavailable for comment, but Albion Chief Executive Martin Perry confirmed there had been "difficulties" recently between Leon Knight and McGhee. "Leon is a very high-maintenance player who demands a lot of attention, and sometimes this can wear you down" he said. "I babysat the other night as Mark just wanted a break from him. He kept getting out of bed, asking for a glass of water, wanting to watch TV, wanting a story, wanting a cuddle, you know, the usual things. You try to be firm, because if he's not asleep by 9pm, he'll be grumpy all day. But eventually he wears you down, you give in and he gets his own way. I'm at my wits end".

The Albion players are due in for training on Wednesday morning, when Knight is expected to come back, sit down and think long and hard about what he has done.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
:lolol: :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Too good for the Argus.:drink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What, you don't believe me ? Tch, must be losing my touch :jester:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is Classic!

:lolol: :lolol:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Crap.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
:lolol: :lolol: :clap2: :clap2:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
All highly amusing.......but I'll tell you what, he did have the serious arse about being subbed. I'm not a qualified lip reader, but he was scowling away demanding to know "what for?" as he left the pitch.
For your info Leon.......because Mr. McGhee correctly identified Gary Hart as being more capable of chasing down their back four and generally 'getting amongst em' for the latter stages of a game that he was trying to hold onto and nick all 3 points. You were tired, Hart was fresh and when all's said and done, he's very hard working, perfect for the role that was required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here