Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester's view

Albion Rob

Can't poat link or cut 'n paste, but here are a few of their assertions.

- Dublin's first half header went JUST wide.

- Virgo's goal, from our only shot on target, was DEFLECTED past Ian Walker.

- Dublin's speculative second half lob went JUST over.

- The Foxes BATTERED the Brighton rearguard with imaginative play and cutting attacks.

- No mention of the chance that FLASHED across their goal in the first minute, or indeed of Hammond not quite getting a toe-end to Currie's cross with the goal gaping.

I have to ask myself what game this lot were watching. We kept them at arm's length all game and looked reasonably threatening on the break. Kuipers made ONE diving save from a cross-cum-shot and Dublin got so little change from Cullip they moved him to centre back. Surely if they had been all over us thye would have played with three up front?

Who write their match reports? Comical Ali?
:jester: :jester:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Rob, this sounds very similar to the match facts provided by Sky yesterday.

Dull and unimaginative reporting, from a dull and uninteresting part of the country.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
and the bbc

"But Virgo smashed home from 20 yards against the run of play after a long ball down the middle by Danny Cullip.

Leicester pressed after the break, with Michel Kuipers denying Connolly, while Dublin and Lilian Nalis fired over"

against the fuckin run of play! even the sky commentators reckoned we deserved the goal. We might not have made many clear cut chances, but we passed much better showed more spirit too. I hate when reporters put the smaller clubs down :tosser:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
the shot was not deflected, it hit the players shorts which took the pace out of the shot and ian walker still couldnt save it.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
R5 was much more pro-Albion. Had to listen to the radio as on the way back from hols in France, but according to the commentary team on Five Live, we got what we deserved (ie, a win), and all our players looked up for it.

furtle

Jun 8, 2004
leicester
Well done the Albion.

I was spitting feathers up the home end as the 800 or so Albion fans continued to outshout our pathetic "support".

Albion closed down our players all over the pitch, and won most of the 50/50 tackles. Cullip and Butters dealt with everything hoofed down the middle, and were too physical for Dion!! Well taken goal by Virgo too. Just proves that you can win a match with one shot if it's good enough.

I just hope Micky gets it right as his bunch of individuals are not playing like you lot: as a TEAM.

Good luck! respectable mid-table a cinch.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
:clap2: :clap2:

Thanks Furtle, sure that Micky will sort it.......

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
furtle said:
Well done the Albion.

I was spitting feathers up the home end as the 800 or so Albion fans continued to outshout our pathetic "support".

Albion closed down our players all over the pitch, and won most of the 50/50 tackles. Cullip and Butters dealt with everything hoofed down the middle, and were too physical for Dion!! Well taken goal by Virgo too. Just proves that you can win a match with one shot if it's good enough.

I just hope Micky gets it right as his bunch of individuals are not playing like you lot: as a TEAM.

Good luck! respectable mid-table a cinch.

much appreciated furtle. :clap:

looking at leicester i felt they just needed a real ball winner in the centre. if they can just get the ball to connolys feet then i feel they will be ok. he looks a useful player. suprised they dont put scowcroft up front with connoly because he looks useful from what ive seen before. dion passed it?

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Cheers Furtle.

I think Micky Adams will turn things around for you soon. With such a high turnover of players it will inevitably take time for your new team to gel, but once they do I can't see a play-off spot being too much of a problem.

The supporters on the other hand could do with a kick up the arse. Even when we played there last time (when City were promoted to the Premiership) the atmosphere wasn't great and the fans near me (I was sitting behind the goal right next to the City supporters) seemed more intent on giving Adams and the players a hard time rather than getting behind the team.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
balloonboy said:
as on the way back from hols in France,

Me too, but managed to get back in time to see it.

I can't see how anyone can say anything other than a massive well done to Albion. It was an excellent performance, and a superbly taken goal by a makeshift striker. So what of we had only one shot on goal - it went in and that's all that matters.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
furtle said:
Well done the Albion.

800 !!

Is that all, :ohmy:

it felt like I was amongst the 30,000 at Cardiff again:clap: :clap:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I've just spent 15mins looking at their fans site - it's the best laugh I've had in ages.

Moan Moan Moan is all they seem to be doing - hey hang on a minute, that sounds familiar.

This is why we love football though - one minute you're up the next you're down. The only predicatable thing about us is that we're completely unpredictable.

Roll on Watford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here