Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester fan in peace

Foxey

Jan 25, 2012
Hi all Leicester fan in peace here who is going to the game next week, just wondered what the situation is regarding the parking can you park at the ground or anywhere near, or is it easier to park in the city center and get a bus? can you walk or is it to far Any information on costs, bus numbers,routes etc would be great.I am attending with my young son is there anywhere we can get a drink/food etc, thanks in advance for any replies.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
No parking for cars, and dont even attempt it. Park and ride is best for you. Use mill road.

Alternatively you can park in a local village (6 miles from the AMEX) and contact NWSS seagulls. They may have a place on the supporters coach that runs through there (we're a freindly bunch away fans welcome). £8 per head return.

North West Sussex Seagulls Home

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
You could park in the city centre and get the train to Falmer, but I suspect that's an expensive option.

I suspect park & ride (see club website for details) is your best bet).

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Hi all Leicester fan in peace here who is going to the game next week, just wondered what the situation is regarding the parking can you park at the ground or anywhere near, or is it easier to park in the city center and get a bus? can you walk or is it to far Any information on costs, bus numbers,routes etc would be great.I am attending with my young son is there anywhere we can get a drink/food etc, thanks in advance for any replies.

No parking around the stadium, best bet is A) park near a train station and jump on the train (for free as you dont need to show travel vouchers) or B) club hold a number of P&R coaches (look on club site for details) so you could jump on one of them but will need to show a club voucher which you can buy online or at the club shop in town or C) bus but tbh never been on the bus so cant help.

If you park in town there is obvs lots of food outlets where you can eat or you can wait & buy a selection of lush pies at the amex + other food ofcourse, they also do kids meals.

If you want make day out of it come early in the morning park in churchill square carpark, see the sights & so on with your son, then just walk up to brighton station with the crowds and jump on the train to falmer which is a few stops.

Last edited:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Park in the city and get a bus or train. There are parking spaces available closer to the ground, but they can fill up quickly, not worth it if you dont know the area. And its right next to Moulscoombe, so you might not have any wheels left when you get back to the car...

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Or,

Park in LEWES, nice pubs, one train stop away. Sorted.

Feb 14, 2010
Yes there is plenty of parking. The ground is on the edge of East brighton. Set your Sat Nav to Coldean and park there. Its then a 10 minute walk to the ground. Probably best you dont have a drink in the Hikers rest but you can have a beer in the ground or the town centre.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Food and drink available at the ground, or at the one nearby pub ( The Swan - away fan friendly unless it is Palace / Millwall / West Ham etc. )

Foxey

Jan 25, 2012
Thanks guys this is a great help, stopping in London Friday night so as suggested will probably come early and see the sights, looking forward to it. You guys have done well recently so hopefully will be a good game. We have a good chance of losing been to 9 away games and havn't seen them win yet !!!!!!!!!! Do you think you can kick on and gain a play-off place?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Thanks guys this is a great help, stopping in London Friday night so as suggested will probably come early and see the sights, looking forward to it. You guys have done well recently so hopefully will be a good game. We have a good chance of losing been to 9 away games and havn't seen them win yet !!!!!!!!!! Do you think you can kick on and gain a play-off place?

We have the squad but not the fitness. To be honest and realistic most of us would be happy to finish where we are now, that would be a succesful season. But it's a funny game you never no, too dangerous to go up too soon.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Yes there is plenty of parking. The ground is on the edge of East brighton. Set your Sat Nav to Coldean and park there. Its then a 10 minute walk to the ground. Probably best you dont have a drink in the Hikers rest but you can have a beer in the ground or the town centre.

I realise you've done this as a wind up but you'd have to go like a gazelle mate to do it in 10 mins! More like 20-25.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom

Who knows?? We are in need of a striker big time as our shots on target is not great, so if Gus can find a gooden to help out CMS then we will have a better chance of a playoff spot, but we wont be disappointed if it doesnt happen many would be happy if we finish where we are now!!!, but on the plus side we have had so many players out with injuries & suspensions (12 at one point) its good to see them come back now and have more choice within the team again, who knows you may be in for a treat and see the rare sight of Vicente!

I bet you and your fans are abit gutted with where you are atm with the amount of money you spent on players!!! what do you think your chances of promotion are this season?

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
Not a wind up at all. Park near the Hikers Rest (Coldean Lane) then turn left, walk up the road, turn right, walk under the tunnel, turn left, and there is the ground. 10 minutes tops.. unless you are Vincente who might take 25 minutes after calling for the physio!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Check this out...

Brighton Hove Bus and Coach Company

You can park for free around our old ground (Withdean Stadium), any of the roads round there and catch the S service from Withdean Stadium @ 1.03 1.23 1.43 1.58

Stayed until the final whistle of the Wrexham game and caught a bus at about 5.05pm and was back in that vicinity within 20 minutes or so.

If I ever drive into town, I park (for free) in Preston Park and wander in from there. Not too far to walk to North Laine and the rest of Brighton is within touching distance from there.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
It's probably easiest if you park in the city centre and get the train from there.

Places to park that aren't ridiculously expensive AND are near the station.

Fleet Street. If you search google maps for "fleet street, brighton", you'll see what looks like a patch of waste land, but it's one of those places where you pay less than £10 and can park there all day.

Or

Close to that is Whitecross street. You can park in the college car park there all day for about £5. Directly opposite that is an NCP that is also fairly reasonable.

All of those are no more than 5 minutes from the main Brighton station.

They are close to the North Laine area which you might want to wander around (most visitors do) and there are loads of great places to eat.

Hope that helps!

You can always park at the Sainsbury Selhurst car park it's always empty on matchdays and then catch the train down.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing

Hi in piece fan.

Just wanted to say when I went your place earlier this season, I found you lot both inside and out the most disgusting, homophobic lot I've ever seen.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
If you're having a wander around the centre of Brighton you can get a number 25 bus from Churchill Square which takes you to the ground - takes 25-30 minutes.
If you've left the car in Brighton you can either get the bus back or the train (takes 10 minutes)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here