Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City - embarassing

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
She didn't do the original; that was Little Peggy Marsh.

Petula did a cover of this in English and in French.

But your point about St Pauli opens up my one whinge about the songs sung at the Amex. Namely, we have 60 years of popular music, featuring hundreds of thousands of songs, plus hundreds of years of classical music and opera to choose from - and we still get our inspiration from only listening to what Liverpool fans are singing...

I think I know what you mean by "sixty years of popular music", going back to Rock and Roll etc, but "popular Music" didn't start with that, surely, or even shirley. There were some great tunes and songs around from the dance band days and earlier, and it's not all cheesy rubbish by any means.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
We were the first English club to start singing it regularly, it was our go-to song in its first year or so, then other clubs started copying us. Only used after goals now, we've replaced it with 3/4 newer ones.

How can you all claim this so definitively? I mean what proof is there?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

I went to almost every game in the first season we started singing it. I hadn't heard it anywhere else before, certainly no team sang it against us, and after every game there were threads on the other team's forum asking what song we were singing etc. If you ask any football fan who regularly attends Championship football and doesn't have a Palace/Brighton point to prove, it's known as our song.

And as for proving that we sing it best... The Amex, 27/09/2011. We sang it louder, better and are pretty much the only club around that ACTUALLY SING THE WORDS rather than just "woah woah woah"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I went to almost every game in the first season we started singing it. I hadn't heard it anywhere else before, certainly no team sang it against us, and after every game there were threads on the other team's forum asking what song we were singing etc. If you ask any football fan who regularly attends Championship football and doesn't have a Palace/Brighton point to prove, it's known as our song.

And as for proving that we sing it best... The Amex, 27/09/2011. We sang it louder, better and are pretty much the only club around that ACTUALLY SING THE WORDS rather than just "woah woah woah"

That's really super. Well done you.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

What's the next gem from the world of American bubblegum music that your toilet can expect to be serenaded to?

Just how good is your back catalogue?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
We were the first English club to start singing it regularly, it was our go-to song in its first year or so, then other clubs started copying us. Only used after goals now, we've replaced it with 3/4 newer ones.

So now you have 3/4 songs?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

What arrrreeeee you on about? How is it YOUR song if you nicked it off another team be that an English team or foreign team?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

Seaside...if you were honest you would admit you stole it from St Pauli...the first club to sing it.....just like you stole your Eagle badge from American football ( which was admitted on your CP site) is there nothing you pikeys will not nick and claim for your own....and if your so much in love with the Croydon...why live down at Eastbourne....but love your humour really....what would we have to laugh at if you were not here.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

That's not proof, you silly sausage. That's just saying that it is, because you say so.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
and as for proving that we sing it best... The amex, 27/09/2011.

i take it that was during the last 10 minutes seeing as we never heard a peep out of your self proclaimed best support in the championship till then.
And by the way, i think you'll find both accrington and stevenage were singing that shitty dirge long before you lot.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove

You seem proud about this?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The good thing about us losing 3-1 to Palarse is that it pretty much sounded the death knell for this shite song.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Celtic were first with it in Britain , York were first with it in England.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Don't normally give a toss what people sing, but god there is something really annoying about this one. Just sounds like the euro-gash chanting you hear in the champions league, the fact you need a drum sums it all up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here