Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City - embarassing

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
“It’s the first song in years that gets the whole crowd going - it must give the players a massive boost to hear the whole crowd in full voice to such a catchy song”.

CRINGE

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
“It’s the first song in years that gets the whole crowd going - it must give the players a massive boost to hear the whole crowd in full voice to such a catchy song”.

CRINGE

They didn't "sing" it last season when we went, sounds like it really gets the crowd going :laugh:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
They didn't "sing" it last season when we went, sounds like it really gets the crowd going :laugh:

I think they did, but it was only one block. It must've spread like a virus to the others by now?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Only them and Palarse that I've heard singing it. TBH I thought it was OK when I first heard it but after about 3 times I got totally fed up hearing it ... surprised they are still doing it

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Only them and Palarse that I've heard singing it. TBH I thought it was OK when I first heard it but after about 3 times I got totally fed up hearing it ... surprised they are still doing it

Heard it by several teams fans, weren't the Wendys singing it at the Amex? It's regulalry on the TV matches too. Sad fact is, it has become popular, then again, there are many, many songs/chants that are used universally. The bigger shame is that we have our own, unique song, and it is nigh on impossible to get the crowd singing it apart from when the players come out, and those that do, do it too fast.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think it shows a staggering lack of awareness to refer to it as "Our We Love You song"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think it shows a staggering lack of awareness to refer to it as "Our We Love You song"
This.

Leicester were actually one of the LAST clubs in the league to try singing in. We were at it, then dropped it before they had even started. Is there a more BLAND club in the league than Leicester City? Bland city in a bland new build with no atmosphere. Bland bland BLAND.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Indeed. Almost as stupid as those who kept referring to it as 'The Palace Song' :facepalm:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Blimey, I never knew that Petula was responsible for this unspeakable dirge. Her song's quite acceptable though. How did St. Pauli fans discover this?

She didn't do the original; that was Little Peggy Marsh.

Petula did a cover of this in English and in French.

But your point about St Pauli opens up my one whinge about the songs sung at the Amex. Namely, we have 60 years of popular music, featuring hundreds of thousands of songs, plus hundreds of years of classical music and opera to choose from - and we still get our inspiration from only listening to what Liverpool fans are singing...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here