Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Legal fees to sell house..?

seajon

Banned
Oct 17, 2008
Hi... i have recently agreed a private deal to sell a property for in the region of £180,000. There are no estate agents involved and the property does not have a mortgage. The buyer is also a cash buyer so again no mortgage required.

My question is how much should i be lookng at paying a solicitor in order to caryy out the legal work involved?... Also is there anyone local that you would recommend? - many thanks as any assisitance is greatly apreciated....

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Stephen Rimmer in Eastbourne.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think the conveyancing fees would be about £750.

But you phone around 3 or 4, and you soon get a feel for what the "going rate" is.

Where are you based, as I know a good solicitor in Rustington, Littlehampton?

Martin Lambert

Jun 9, 2010
Mid-Sussex
Alex Sherwood @ Sherwood Solicitors 608221 small firm so good service and keep you informed every step of the way. Also not having Estate Agents involved will not make any difference to the cost for legal fees.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hi

I am a mortgage broker and we recommend Stephen Rimmer. Get a quote and let me know what they charge. I get a referral fee from them and will give 50% of it back to you 50% to the REMF on your behalf.

Gareth

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is an EPC needed for a private sale ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hi

I am a mortgage broker and we recommend Stephen Rimmer. Get a quote and let me know what they charge. I get a referral fee from them and will give 50% of it back to you 50% to the REMF on your behalf.

Gareth

can you quote "Uncle Spielberg" as a discount code to get a lower solicitors fee ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He will need to tell me his name if he goes with my guy. I would also say do not necessarily just go for the cheapest option. The lenders I do re mortgages with offer " free " legals and because they pay these firms very little the service is absolutely bloody awful and slow.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Stephen Rimmer in Eastbourne.

Hi

Gareth

So who do you recommend?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Stephen Rimmer. Anyway the guy is local, good and I have offered to give back all of any referral fee I get. I can't do much more than that. I'm off now. Have a good day.

May 22, 2008
Hi... i have recently agreed a private deal to sell a property for in the region of £180,000. There are no estate agents involved and the property does not have a mortgage. The buyer is also a cash buyer so again no mortgage required.

My question is how much should i be lookng at paying a solicitor in order to caryy out the legal work involved?... Also is there anyone local that you would recommend? - many thanks as any assisitance is greatly apreciated....

Isabel wake Arscotts top notch if you say my name PM me i think you will
get it for £600.

i am a agent used her lots when working in Brighton still do now and then from london

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If I'm free I might do.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Stephen Rimmer will charge £ 490 + vat = £ 575.75 plus disbursements. My referral fee is £ 75 refunding £ 37.50 to you and £ 37.50 to the REMF. Let me know if you are interested. I will leave it with you.

May 22, 2008
Stephen Rimmer will charge £ 490 + vat = £ 575.75 plus disbursements. My referral fee is £ 75 refunding £ 37.50 to you and £ 37.50 to the REMF. Let me know if you are interested. I will leave it with you.

Good deal ! you will not get better then that other some call centre up north that will fall though your sell.
plus money to a great cause.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Some quality names here - Arscotts, Rimmer. I can also recommend Felcher & Teabag - they certainly looked after me!...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here