Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Left Backs

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is there a shortage of decent left backs in the league as I noticed that Coventry have taken Chris Hussey from AFC Wimbledon on an initial loan deal until January. Didnt we look at him or try to sign him?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We've already picked up one shit left back from non league, don't need another.

Excellent support for one of our newest signings, you should feel so proud of yourself. As usual, your comments about our players are pathetic and bordering on disgraceful. :nono:

We're actually quite strong at left back when we have both McNulty and Wright fit, they're very different options to have there and imo, that's a good thing. You'll get injuries along the way, and that's why Adam El-Abd is here. We have players who can cover, and personally, I like both McNulty and Wright. Obviously, McNulty is the better left back individually and I think Wright looked better in the centre of defence.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Nah, we had Michael Haswell on trial. No idea where he is now though!

Last edited:

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Hasweel wasnt on loan he was on trial. As for coventrys signings, possible rumblings of a cash shortage??

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
I noticed this too, they've also signed a striker on loan from Carlisle ??? What's going on up there? A bit early to be giving up on the season surely

One of the most bizarre signings of the season that. 5th choice striker in a season where we can't hit a barn door, although PROLIFIC at reserve & Youth level, he's sent to Coventry on loan (with a view of a permanent move..) to play some games....BAFFLING. ABBOTT OUT

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Isnt Wright actually a centre back by trade who can FILL IN at left back, like Virgs can fill in on the wing?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Isnt Wright actually a centre back by trade who can FILL IN at left back, like Virgs can fill in on the wing?

correct - crawleys first choice left back is a certain sam rents, who has also played for the england 'c' side since leaving us

the fact that we spent a large amount of money on a centre back who at best can only fill in at left back was certainly a strange one - especially when he was never going to be first choice once mcnulty returned to the side, and we already had a plethora of centre backs

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
correct - crawleys first choice left back is a certain sam rents, who has also played for the england 'c' side since leaving us

the fact that we spent a large amount of money on a centre back who at best can only fill in at left back was certainly a strange one - especially when he was never going to be first choice once mcnulty returned to the side, and we already had a plethora of centre backs

Not so strange really! - isn't it exactly what our transfer policy has always been for the last few years?

Is it any stranger than bringing in bucket loads of midfielders that are no better than what we've already got? And still not an attacking CM among them, or one who can take a game by the scruff of the neck!

Excellent support for one of our newest signings, you should feel so proud of yourself. As usual, your comments about our players are pathetic and bordering on disgraceful. :nono:

We're actually quite strong at left back when we have both McNulty and Wright fit, they're very different options to have there and imo, that's a good thing. You'll get injuries along the way, and that's why Adam El-Abd is here. We have players who can cover, and personally, I like both McNulty and Wright. Obviously, McNulty is the better left back individually and I think Wright looked better in the centre of defence.

Just get used to it. Brighton M is twat personified.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I have said before he was panic buy as we didnt have a fit left back. I would have sooner we resigned Sam Rents as I think that he is better.

Oct 25, 2003
i was surprised when we let rents go to be honest as i thought he was pretty good- cracking left foot on him

another surprise was letting sonny cobbs go, he was very highly rated although having said that he hasn't done much since leaving us so maybe we were right

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Rents was a shite left back, from what I saw. He may be doing well at Conference and England C, but that is different from this league. Far too lightweight to hold his own.

He may have had a sweet left foot, but that was all. In my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here