Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds Watford Play Off Programme

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
Interview with CKR re Coca Cola Kid as follows:-

CKR saw himself as just another up and coming footballer complete with the self-confidence every young professional needs when he suddenly gained an extra boost about a year ago.

Thanks to Coca-Cola's sponsorship of The Football League and their unique scheme to bring fans together, the first team to be given the chance to Win a Player was BHA and their choice was CKR.

There is every chance that you have taken part in either last or this season's campaign run by Coca-Cola where fans of every Football League and Scottish Premier club can enter their side's name for a chance to win money to buy a player. Over two million supporters entered this year, double the number of last season.

With £250k available to the randomly-picked winner of last years event, Brighton went out and brought the Bury striker, who turns 20 this August. Although the Seagulls have just been relegated from The Championship, CKR has enjoyed his year in the limelight and profited from the experience.

He said "It was partly one of the reaons why I came to Brighton because of the publicity there was around the Coca-Cola shceme. I did feel like it was something different".

And in the process of signing his new three year deal he earned a new nickname, one he had'nt expected.

"People know me as the Coca-Cola kid. If someone does'nt know my name, fans say the Coca-Cola kid, then they know who they are talking about. Our fans have got a Coca-Cola song for me but the players don't mention it. Away teams also like to mention it in their programme. But in some ways I've also just been like a normal signing".

Regarding his own performance and Brighton's season as a whole he adds: "As a team we haven't done too well because we've been relegated. Individually it has been hard and I would have liked more goals in my first professional season. I'v had some good and bad games but mostly they've been good".

And Dan Harding's profile written by Paul Butler

Dan is a Brighton boy and is always going on about the weather difference between Brighton and Leeds. He comes back from there with a spray tan - once half of it came off!! We call him Lucy after Lucy Ward of the Leeds United Ladies. He does weights with Danny Pugh but is the skinniest at the club. Some of the stuff he does in training is amazing and he has a great future ahead of him. You never here him complaining.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Bloody stupid northerners!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
mindyjaja said:
Some of the stuff he does in training is amazing and he has a great future ahead of him. You never here him complaining.

Good on him, always thought he was a technically very good player.

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
Race said:
hear him COMPLAINING

Apologies, was in a rush to get to a football tournament, lost on pens in the semis :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here