Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds United 1-1 Brighton & Hove Albion

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Well, well, the run continues. True, we did not set the world alight but then that is not our game these days. If our method of play was cavalier, Newcastle-under-Keegan style then that would have been a poor performance...But it is not, we have our system and we stick to it very, very well.

It was a good showing and we got a deserved point. The first half I thought was pretty even and being level at half-time would have been fair. Some of the Leeds fans that were on the TalkSport last night seemed to think they dominated 99% of the match, perhaps they were watching Leeds Rhino's or something. Both teams had their moments and created chances with mostly Leeds being on target and ours flying over the bar and elsewhere.

Carlisle's goal should have been prevented and he just appeared to bumble his way into the shooting position. It was harsh on us but that is football.

Leeds started the second half strongly and had a couple of chances especially one that produced a decent save out of Yelldell (more on him in a minute). After surviving that we upped our game and improved greatly when McCammon went off. There was a large debate on this board on Thursday/Friday about McCammon with some against and for him. I am sorry but he proved yesterday that he is just not good enough for Championship level. We all saw that Virgo plays better up-front than he does. Having Adam up there with the prospect of Knight & Hart breaking and offering support is much more effective.

Our equaliser was coming as we were building up a head of steam and putting pressure on them and Butters took the header well. They came at us a bit after our but goal without seriously threatening us.

I was watching the ball so I did not see the Oatway sending off but if he kicked out at someone then he has to go. This does prove how crap the ref was though as Deane went round lunging in on all our players and Bakke's 2 footed tackle minutes after he came on was a disgrace...That should have been a straight red. Oatway's absence gives Nicolas the chance to have a run in the side and cement a place for the rest of the season.

A little note on Yelldell now and I am going to be the voice of reason. He had a decent game but I bet some fans our suggesting he was fantastic. The reason I am not going over-board is that apart from the save where he tipped over the bar everything else was routine 'keeper work. All Leeds attempts that were on target went right at him and I would have expected any goalkeeper to have made those straigh-forward catches. The best thing though is that he did nothing wrong so we can take confidence in that.

The point is excellent and now means we can carry 2 points into next month so we only need 4 points in February to stay on target...This is important as February is a tough month.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here