Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds Stewards today

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
What a bunch of f***ing jobsworths...

Trying to make everyone sit down, getting right in to peoples faces, trying to eject people for the slightest indiscretions.

They were abusive towards people and difficult to converse with as they were totally unreasonable.

Did anyone else have any issues with the Leeds Stewards???

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
If the rules are 'no standing' then i don't get why people complain when they are reprimanded for standing.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Couldn't go today.

Last time I was up there they had a little chief steward dressed like a man from the ministry circa. 1930's. The high vis stewards would call for him when they had a difficult fan on their hands. He would march the fan off to what I can only assume was room 101 as the fan would then be allowed to return a few minutes later and promptly behave himself like a man who'd had his spirit broken. Most bizarre.

Was Mark McGhee's doppleganger amongst the stewards again today ?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Let's hope then that the Scouse stewards use the same sense next week when certain wankers try to steal a better seat than they've paid for.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Last time we went to Leeds my mate got chucked out for "throwing an object".

Except he didn't throw an object.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
What a bunch of f***ing jobsworths...

Trying to make everyone sit down, getting right in to peoples faces, trying to eject people for the slightest indiscretions.

They were abusive towards people and difficult to converse with as they were totally unreasonable.

Did anyone else have any issues with the Leeds Stewards???

wasn't as bad as southampton. This pricky steward right, as soon as i sat down, ran out of the tunnel, glared at me and shouted 'stay there!!' Some f***ing welcome -.-

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Found them very polite and wished us a safe journey home. It was only those that wanted to argue had any problems.
As for the stupid song. "We're Brighton Hove Albion we'll stand where we want, Will we be singing that next week because you won't be standing in our £30 ones.
Rules are rules. We are great fans so why sometimes do we think the rules don't apply to us.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Most of disputes with stewards can be resolved and the only time I have had difficulty was at Old Trafford when they started picking on somebody for no reason. The Withdean stewards weren't very good. They didn't pick on people too much.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Was talking to one of them down in the concourse before the game and he was a die hard man utd fan, this bloke was covered in Man u tattoos. I said to him "your brave working here arent you?" he replied he could only work the away end as he wouldn't survive if the Leeds fans knew who he supported

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Think part of the reason the stewards were hot on standing at leeds is if you stand up at the back you can only see half the pitch. Bloody TV gantry in the way.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I wonder if the Leeds stewards were so strict on those rules in policing the Revie Stand Kop, or bottled it?

Bottled it. I was in the Kop yesterday (my dickhead leeds season ticket holder mate got me a ticket in there when I was going to get one in our end, I quote "you'll be ok, their a nice bunch really") and the whole stand was standing throughout and according to the locals they never even attempt to make them sit (including the police who were in the stand in reasonable numbers). If they try to enforce the same rules accross the whole ground fair enough but it's clearly not happening.

Never been so clenched when Nav's smashed in the winner though!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Did anyone spot the blonde guy on the touch line who looked like a product of Hitler youth who spent the whole game staring menacingly at us?

Last edited:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Thought the Stewards were fine. Very polite and wished us a sfae journey home...........well for me thats Wetherby.

I think if you are being a plank and breaking the rules, then it shouldn't come as a surprise when a steward reminds you of the rules.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here