Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leeds relegation flowers.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
why are leeds fans laying flowers at elland rd? the club have been relegated not put out of existance.

and living in yorkshire and knowing a lot of leeds fans i find it strange that they are so arrogant to actually think that everybody is upset by their relegation.

where the truth is that everybody is chuffed to bits with it. mainly because they are so arrogant.:lolol:
so nice to see a lot of their fans crying on yorkshire tv. makes great veiwing.:clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Marching on together...............................:lolol:

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
It's happened to bigger clubs than them before (Man Utd). If they're not able to cope with the hard times when they come along then maybe their fans should pick another sport to follow.
Maybe that's what makes an Albion fan different from most others, we cope with so many different emotions one after the other, up one minute, down the next. And in most circumstances we know how to handle it pretty well.
:bhasign:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Gullet said:
It's happened to bigger clubs than them before (Man Utd). If they're not able to cope with the hard times when they come along then maybe their fans should pick another sport to follow.
Maybe that's what makes an Albion fan different from most others, we cope with so many different emotions one after the other, up one minute, down the next. And in most circumstances we know how to handle it pretty well.
:bhasign:

well said.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Seeing some of the ludicrous salaries some of their players are on, they are going to really struggle next season.

:clap2:

Only time I ever wanted Leeds to win was when they beat ManUre to the title in the early nineties-other than that they can slither through the divisions for all I care. Aldershot v Leeds at the Rec in three years would be hilarious.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It is interesting though. Does being stuck in one division for a long time make relegation seem much worse than if you bounce around the leagues like a yo-yo. I've said on another thread that relegation doesn't really faze me, probably because I've seen the Albion relegated more than promoted, and in context it now seems less important what division the team plays in provided they are still able to play. Everything else is just a fantastic unexpected bonus.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
If we play Leeds next season it will be Leeds in name alone, there wont be any of their "stars" left. I can feel another Derby County coming on.
What I'd like to know is which lucky club is going to get their hands on that great up and coming talent Jamie Milner. In my opinion a real superstar in the making.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Curious Orange said:
I've said on another thread that relegation doesn't really faze me, probably because I've seen the Albion relegated more than promoted, and in context it now seems less important what division the team plays in provided they are still able to play. Everything else is just a fantastic unexpected bonus.
This is a good point. When success comes along all the time, such as at Man Utd, fans become almost layed back in there approach to the team. They lose the hunger that goes with the hunt for success. Fans of lesser teams definately enjoy the good times more and the seasons really do feel more exciting when you feel that maybe this is actually going to be "our year".
Look how thrilled we are at the moment at the thought of a play-off final at Cardiff. To most top teams this would be looked upon as failure, because nothing else but 1st will do.
It's about time that another "big" team and their fans were brought down to size and entered the real world.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Leeds have been relegated before in my memory, at the end of the 1980s, so it's hardly a unique event.

They were promoted back up the following season, with the likes of Vinny Jones and Lee "Mind that bedside table love" Chapman.

That was the year their supposedly great and loyal fans trashed Bournemouth the day they clinched the title. Thus ensuring no seaside clubs were allowed to play at home on a Bank Holiday for about ten years afterwards.

Morons.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
edna krabappel said:
Leeds have been relegated before in my memory, at the end of the 1980s, so it's hardly a unique event.

They were promoted back up the following season, with the likes of Vinny Jones and Lee "Mind that bedside table love" Chapman.

That was the year their supposedly great and loyal fans trashed Bournemouth the day they clinched the title. Thus ensuring no seaside clubs were allowed to play at home on a Bank Holiday for about ten years afterwards.

Morons.

Not true, they were out the top division for 8 years comming close to relegation on at least one occaision.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry, my mistake. Now I think of it, they were the underdogs in their FA Cup semi final against Coventry (didn't Micky Adams play for one of them?) so they must have been the lower league side.

Did they get relegated via a play off? When the play offs were first introduced, teams could be relegated as well as promoted, but the FA scrapped it as it was considered too tense and the potential for violence too great. I'm sure a "big" club went down in this way- Leeds or Chelsea maybe?

Someone remind me!

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
On the point of fans taking things a little too seriously, when did grown men start to cry at football matches because they lost?Now I never saw it before about 1990 and maybe Gazza is to blame, personally whatever happens at a football match it is not something to cry over do these people have no shame.

At the present time there are real tragedy's happening all over world and some stupid twat is crying because his team got relegated, ahhh poor little diddums, f***ing grow up you twat. Children can cry at footy but over the age of 8-9 you should know better.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The leeds Chairman was on talk sport this morning and they have 20 players on over a million a year !:eek:

And some are on 3 times that.......:nono:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It doesn't happen here SM, because we've had so much practice at getting relegated over the years, we're used to it.

But the likes of Leeds and Man City fans have very selective memories, and thus relegation usually comes as a shock to them. Plus they think of themselves as too big to have this happen.

It's increasingly an embarrassment isn't it? The only time I've cried at a game was after the play off final at Wembley, but in mitigation (1) it was very sad (2) I was only 14 and (3) I'd just got off a 24 hour coach trip from the south of France when I got on the train to go to Wembley, so I was completely shagged.

I've kicked a few cats after matches, thrown things at the wall (Chesterfield away, Div 3 championship season) and sulked all weekend, but never ended up crying apart from that play off final.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Dont knock Man city fans, they are the coolest I met when I was a steward, seasoned Manure haters and damn friendly people.

Leeds still owe 50 million, shall we have a whip round for Milner?:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here