Leeds make £1.6m loss

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
Bye bye snodgrass, kisnorbo and kilkenny if they don't get promoted

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There's a surprise, Administration anyone ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Small beer. As the report says since the period covered by those results they've had lucrative cup fixtures and Delph went to Villa for something approaching £8m all in.

If they don't go up and better players leave it will be more because those players have got fed up of playing at this lowly level.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is the bit that LEAPT out at me:

"Leeds' current accounts reveal a total wage bill for playing, management and administrative staff of just under £12.3million"

More than a MILLION pounds a month on wages...in the 3rd Division ! :ohmy:
Just imagine what they'll start paying if (big IF) they go up a division. The cycle has begun once again.

Tell you what, if I was a local business doing work for that club, I'd be doing it on a ZERO credit basis or not at all.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is the club that posted a profit of £4m+ in 2008, a year after coming out of administration, having just royally SHAT all over their creditors.

Revolting club.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Small beer. As the report says since the period covered by those results they've had lucrative cup fixtures and Delph went to Villa for something approaching £8m all in.

If they don't go up and better players leave it will be more because those players have got fed up of playing at this lowly level.

Figures relating to players being sold i.e Delph mask the problem. How many more Delphs do they have........none. Beckford will be gone for nowt.

The way they are cutting their cloth should be really worrying for Leeds fans. If they do not go up this year, and have a mediocre start to next then they may be in trouble again.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It would be a lot worse if that wonderful wonderful man, Ken Bates, didn't work so selflessly for the club. Did you know that he hasn't received even a single penny of income from Leeds, or indeed any of his 418 offshore directorships, for at least 10 years? Scientific research has proved that he manages to subsist entirely on goodwill and fresh air.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's interesting. If they'd managed to keep Delph they'd be nailed on for promotion now. If they miss out this season, then lose Beckford the same thing could happen all over again.

For next season Southampton look strong, you'd expect Palace/Sheff Wed to be there or thereabouts, possibly us if Gus can sort our Withdean form out.

The implication is that even if they DO go up they won't have the financial muscle to buy big and push for promotion next season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The implication is that even if they DO go up they won't have the financial muscle to buy big and push for promotion next season.

Since when has financial muscle been an issue with Leeds ? The words "can't afford it" doesn't really enter the vernacular at Elland Road. They'll beg/borrow/steal from somewhere and worry about paying for it a few years down the line, when they know it'll probably all get written off anyway.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The article says they are paying £2m a year to rent Elland Road and the training ground.
Dunno who owns it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The article says they are paying £2m a year to rent Elland Road and the training ground.
Dunno who owns it.

Probably Ken Bates via some smoke and mirrors off-shore company.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It would be a lot worse if that wonderful wonderful man, Ken Bates, didn't work so selflessly for the club. Did you know that he hasn't received even a single penny of income from Leeds, or indeed any of his 418 offshore directorships, for at least 10 years? Scientific research has proved that he manages to subsist entirely on goodwill and fresh air.

..and it didnt he claim to own some shares in the club's holiding company..then claim he made a mistake and didnt own them? Easy mistake to make I guess.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Probably Ken Bates via some smoke and mirrors off-shore company.

Bates denies any involvement with the offshore company who own the ground (and much of the club's debt) but I seem to remember that it is based in the Cayman Islands (where some of his companies and others owned by his known business associates are also based) and that the directors have never been identified.

Have to say it would be great to see them fail again and the likes of Becchio Snodgrass and Kisnorbo go as well as Beckford but in the end I think they will just sneak it this time and good riddance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here