Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds at the AMEX - kid friendly?

spike1958

Sep 2, 2011
Hmm. Well, when I was at the Carlisle v Leeds match season before last, there was certainly a bit of needle. Not much from the CUFC fans I'll add, but the ob had got the dogs out and were there in force of about 100 rozzers. The lot in the narrow away end couldn't be bothered to wait to be let out, and broke through a gate to take their chances with the fuzz. I don't think it was so much a big intention to kick off with Carlisle, except to show their annoyance at a previous cup game that they'd still felt peeved about (ended in penalties and a lazer pen in the crowd to put off the Leeds' penalty-takers, apparently).

However, we don't have that history with LUFC, and with the rules that are now in place it would be extremely stupid of anyone to risk getting banned from even going near a football match. The concept of football as a sport for normal sensible people to attend and enjoy like any regular social event, is back.
Only the insensible could rail against or refute this ideal, and we know there will be one or two who love to add a Stephen King 'impending terror' edge.

Start believing we are in the time of sensibility and maturity, and we will be. Sad that a big-brother scenario had to happen with CCTV and computer records kept.

Behavior at games is better monitored and it had to happen ...with the cost probably tagged onto every ticket.

Why have you brought up one particular match ? where yes there is a bit of previous rivalry with good reason ? and the laser pens when there was an empty end that could have been played to ? ( not apparently ? as you say, watch the tv footage ? ). i registered on here after reading the concerns of the fan with the young lad to try and allay any fears he had not to get into a debate,every football club has its problems and im just trying to say that leeds has probably done more than most to solve its somewhat shady past than others,you have just trebled your season ticket fan base and good luck to you, you deserve it after all the troubles of getting a decent ground,but dont tell me there all going to be angels ? especially after a drink or two,anyway like i said you picked one match ? which by the way why did they hold us back ???? ive not missed many in the last 30 years or so and i stand by what i said,i look 4ward to a great night in brighton and a good match,whatever the result.meet for a pint ? :)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why have you brought up one particular match ? where yes there is a bit of previous rivalry with good reason ? and the laser pens when there was an empty end that could have been played to ? ( not apparently ? as you say, watch the tv footage ? ). i registered on here after reading the concerns of the fan with the young lad to try and allay any fears he had not to get into a debate,every football club has its problems and im just trying to say that leeds has probably done more than most to solve its somewhat shady past than others,you have just trebled your season ticket fan base and good luck to you, you deserve it after all the troubles of getting a decent ground,but dont tell me there all going to be angels ? especially after a drink or two,anyway like i said you picked one match ? which by the way why did they hold us back ???? ive not missed many in the last 30 years or so and i stand by what i said,i look 4ward to a great night in brighton and a good match,whatever the result.meet for a pint ? :)

He's a steward unreconstructed from the Withdean days. Take no notice.

See you in the North Stand concourse after the game for a pint.

Since I don't follow Leeds and have attended TWO of their games in the last three seasons, and that was one of them - why would I NOT make mention of it?
It was my experience of a Leeds crowd, and it WAS kicking off. Obviously it doesn't suit you to have that one retold, but it was what happened and I was not at the laser-pen affair so it has to be "apparent" from my pov.

Your crowds in the seventies were along with Spurs as the worst I ever saw down at Brighton - but that's the old days.

Personally, I don't see potential for much problem from LUFC fans at ours this season, as I mentioned earlier in this thread - but I did experience the somewhat recent CUFC game so it is up for a mention.

There's NO excuse for poor behavior at football either, whatever your beef with another club.

Whatever - my encounter with Leeds fans that evening in Carlisle wasn't a bad one - but it was a bit hairy between many and the old bill, that's for sure.
I'd join you for a pint, if I would be in the country for that match.

Last edited:

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
I'm surprised they've already shifted 600 as the criteria is to have gone to the 3 away games before the 27th. Once it goes to general sale that will boost the numbers up to around 1400.

500 left and they go on sale to season ticket holders who have not been to an away game from Tuesday.
Carry on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here