Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds at the AMEX - kid friendly?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
From memory he stated that him and Sussex Police wanted to welcome all away supporters to the Amex and rather than corralling them, encourage them to use the Amex facilities freely including mixing with the home fans in the concourses post match with groups of two or three PC's stationed along the concourse keeping an observant watch. His theory was if you treat them like adults they will behave like adults and if a couple (either home or way) get out of order then they will be cracked down upon by their own. When questioned if this included the 'potential' troublemakers, Leeds, Palace, West Ham, Millwall etc he emphasised, 'all teams'

Common sense prevails in football - at long, long last...

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
man up, take the lad - variety of life in all it's guises is good for any kids development. just be wary :)

Jan 30, 2008
They're opening up the bars in the concourses after the games (including Leeds and Palace) to all fans.

I know that's not a kids' thing of course, but it's indicative of the club's attitude to opposing fans at the matches at the Amex - and this one in particular.
couldn't make it up , i see one blackpool shirt in the west stand concourse after that game and seen nothing from anyone else , sorry to say its's just a PR stunt by the club, sure you'll get one or two " take my hand i'll lead you through" types but overall i can't see it taking off ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There were quite a few Blackpool fans in the north stand having a drink after the game. As far as Palace is concerned, the only fans that can get tickets are those who have at least 3 away stubs so they won't be bringing very many!!

Jan 30, 2008
There were quite a few Blackpool fans in the north stand having a drink after the game. As far as Palace is concerned, the only fans that can get tickets are those who have at least 3 away stubs so they won't be bringing very many!!
how many home fans going into the away end for a beer :cheers:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Yet. Then they go on sale to sth then general sale. Last week they had sold 600. Palace fans (5 at work) reckon they wont sell out tho. He said they cant sell Millwall on their doorstep so what hope Brighton on a Tuesday.

I hope they do sell out coz we have been waiting for this for a long time. Albion and Palace.

couldn't make it up , i see one blackpool shirt in the west stand concourse after that game and seen nothing from anyone else , sorry to say its's just a PR stunt by the club, sure you'll get one or two " take my hand i'll lead you through" types but overall i can't see it taking off ???

YOU could make stuff up though couldn't you?
HOW is it the club's 'PR stunt' if only one opposition fan (one wearing an away shirt anyway) takes the opportunity to get a beer with the locals??

You ain't arf hot air from a deflating prophylactic mush, you really can be relied upon to talk rubbish.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
As it’ll be a Friday night, I was thinking of taking my eight-year-old boy to his first Amex match when we play Leeds.

My season tickets are in Block B WSL but I’m wondering if I’m making a mistake taking him to this one.

Don’t want to put him off as he’s still not that bothered about footy but I’m hoping a proper game in a proper stadium will do the trick.

I think I’m tainted with the memory of those Leeds bank holiday bust ups.

Any other parents have a view?
Our 7 year old is a keen footballer and is going with us to see Leeds and also Liverpool even though it is school the next day. He plays number 4 for his local team and is well aware of how some of the parents react at those games so it will be a great experience for him to see top teams and hear their 'fanatical' supporters. We all have stk's in the East and seen all the home league games so he has already got a taste of what to expect. I suggest you take him, I bet he will want to go again.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Not seen many myself either. Few geeky bobble hat types. Thats about it. Can't see any Palace taking up the offer either.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Of course take him. It will be a brilliant night seeing the Leeds scum being humiliated by gus's internationales.

These are the days and games we have been striving for. He NEEDS to be a part of it

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I will be taking my 7 year old to the Leeds game and all games, if trouble does break out then I pity the away fans he's an animal. I think the club have planned for these games and as others have stated I see any trouble being in town not at the ground.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
My 7. Year old will be there. He's been a season ticket holder for four years and as it's a Friday and no school in the morning he's definitely coming. He's also coming to the Liverpool game with special dispensation for a tired school day the next day. :)

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I for one think they are asking for trouble not segregating fans at these 'high risk' games. I was speaking to a steward after the Posh game who stated that they will have different plans for these types of games. Hope he was right! Recipie for disaster if not I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here