Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds at the AMEX - kid friendly?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
My mate has 20 points and wants to go to this game, does anyone know when it will go on sale, as it only has dates for 60 points?

the two and a half year old wont be at the Leeds (past bedtime) or Palace (he'll get in the way!) matches but i'll have no issues about taking him to the West Ham or the Millwall match

Edit, just noticed Millwall is evening, In a nutshell i'm happy taking him to any 3 o'clocks

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yet. Then they go on sale to sth then general sale. Last week they had sold 600. Palace fans (5 at work) reckon they wont sell out tho. He said they cant sell Millwall on their doorstep so what hope Brighton on a Tuesday.

I hope they do sell out coz we have been waiting for this for a long time. Albion and Palace.

I'm surprised they've already shifted 600 as the criteria is to have gone to the 3 away games before the 27th. Once it goes to general sale that will boost the numbers up to around 1400.

Jan 30, 2008
YOU could make stuff up though couldn't you?
HOW is it the club's 'PR stunt' if only one opposition fan (one wearing an away shirt anyway) takes the opportunity to get a beer with the locals??

You ain't arf hot air from a deflating prophylactic mush, you really can be relied upon to talk rubbish.
predictable , defends his paymasters at any cost :whistle:

Jan 30, 2008
And you want to make petty pathetic little attacks and needles, because that's the stuff you are made of.
You live in a silly world das reich, just silly, sad and predictable
did i say something wrong ??? you can slate me as much as you want but it's water off a ducks back thank you :) i'll stick to my guns :guns:

spike1958

Sep 2, 2011
Hi there to all you albion fans,i was a bit saddened to see on here the fact that you had to ask about the safety of your son ? can i just say from my own personal experiences i have seen no trouble with leeds fans for quite some years,yes we will sell out,we allways do :) and it will be a great atmosphere for him,probably best to put ear muffs on though if you dont want him to hear shall we say somewhat selective language :).oh and great to hear they will even serve us a drink like normal people ?.

Jan 30, 2008
Hi there to all you albion fans,i was a bit saddened to see on here the fact that you had to ask about the safety of your son ? can i just say from my own personal experiences i have seen no trouble with leeds fans for quite some years,yes we will sell out,we allways do :) and it will be a great atmosphere for him,probably best to put ear muffs on though if you dont want him to hear shall we say somewhat selective language :).oh and great to hear they will even serve us a drink like normal people ?.
fair comment, but you're well known for bullying scarfers ???

Hmm. Well, when I was at the Carlisle v Leeds match season before last, there was certainly a bit of needle. Not much from the CUFC fans I'll add, but the ob had got the dogs out and were there in force of about 100 rozzers. The lot in the narrow away end couldn't be bothered to wait to be let out, and broke through a gate to take their chances with the fuzz. I don't think it was so much a big intention to kick off with Carlisle, except to show their annoyance at a previous cup game that they'd still felt peeved about (ended in penalties and a lazer pen in the crowd to put off the Leeds' penalty-takers, apparently).

However, we don't have that history with LUFC, and with the rules that are now in place it would be extremely stupid of anyone to risk getting banned from even going near a football match. The concept of football as a sport for normal sensible people to attend and enjoy like any regular social event, is back.
Only the insensible could rail against or refute this ideal, and we know there will be one or two who love to add a Stephen King 'impending terror' edge.

Start believing we are in the time of sensibility and maturity, and we will be. Sad that a big-brother scenario had to happen with CCTV and computer records kept.

Behavior at games is better monitored and it had to happen ...with the cost probably tagged onto every ticket.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
Definitely take your kids and in the same context as spike1958, away at Leeds was a great atmosphere and no trouble at all. Leeds at home in a sell out south versus our north (just the best, without bias) should be enough. Cautionary note. One chant might be along the lines of Ken Bates is a f**king c**t, Ken Bates is a ***** . etc. Apart from explaining what a c**t is, obviously a South American hamster, should be the best footballing night of their lives.

Jan 30, 2008
Hmm. Well, when I was at the Carlisle v Leeds match season before last, there was certainly a bit of needle. Not much from the CUFC fans I'll add, but the ob had got the dogs out and were there in force of about 100 rozzers. The lot in the narrow away end couldn't be bothered to wait to be let out, and broke through a gate to take their chances with the fuzz. I don't think it was so much a big intention to kick off with Carlisle, except to show their annoyance at a previous cup game that they'd still felt peeved about (ended in penalties and a lazer pen in the crowd to put off the Leeds' penalty-takers, apparently).

However, we don't have that history with LUFC, and with the rules that are now in place it would be extremely stupid of anyone to risk getting banned from even going near a football match. The concept of football as a sport for normal sensible people to attend and enjoy like any regular social event, is back.
Only the insensible could rail against or refute this ideal, and we know there will be one or two who love to add a Stephen King 'impending terror' edge.

Start believing we are in the time of sensibility and maturity, and we will be. Sad that a big-brother scenario had to happen with CCTV and computer records kept.

Behavior at games is better monitored and it had to happen ...with the cost probably tagged onto every ticket.
define normal sensible people please. i've not seen any abnormal people not acting sensible at the stadium ?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Hopefully you'll enjoy a decent pint, unlike most other grounds. Should be a cracking atmosphere and a decent game to boot. Looking forward to it. Enjoy your visit if not the result.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Madness.

I didn't think they were doing it for Palace?

Who the f*** wants to drink with a Palace fan on the day of the game? Don't get me wrong - I've got a few Palace supporting friends - STHs both of them and they are as much Palace as we are Brighton but on the day of the match I will be building myself and my 2 children into a hate-filled rage of all things Palace.

Any other day of the year then yes, I'll enjoy a bit of banter but on that day I don't even want to breath the same air as them.

No way will it be mixed drinking. Not a chance.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
and we know there will be one or two who love to add a Stephen King 'impending terror' edge..

I seem to recall more than one post by you where you imply that it was only the thin line of hi-res heroes that have prevented riots and lives being lost.

I seem to recall more than one post by you where you imply that it was only the thin line of hi-res heroes that have prevented riots and lives being lost.

I seem to recall you always had an active imagination, as I have implied no such thing. Stephen King stuff for you then I suppose.

That well trained stewards are required and are a positive presence at football is a fact of life these days.
CCTV is another addition to life at the stadia and in the streets, like it or not.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I seem to recall you always had an active imagination, as I have implied no such thing. Stephen King stuff for you then I suppose.

That well trained stewards are required and are a positive presence at football is a fact of life these days.
CCTV is another addition to life at the stadia and in the streets, like it or not.

So you've never made all sorts of claims of what having high visibility stewarding has prevented at Withdean then? Don't forget - if you have, it's all recorded here on this forum for posterity.

Jan 30, 2008
Have you seen anyone acting stupidly at the stadium?

I don't think it would be a very sensible person who would risk being banned from future attendance, but there might be the occasional knuckle-dragger who will prefer to only watch football on tv.
some grasses on here have ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here