Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds and the Press

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Do you reckon the press had all the stories lined up on Sat for Leeds knowing full well that we would disrespect Bests silence?

I was chatting with someone earlier saying that the reporters had already outlined a template of their report and only needed to add in the songs Leeds fans were singing.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Every team has its scum element. The press have been using the term scum and Leeds since the 70's. Maybe time to move along.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
not denying it, jus sayin every team has it scum fans including yours. Your always going to get idiots who ruining things for others.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
robbied69 said:
Do you reckon the press had all the stories lined up on Sat for Leeds knowing full well that we would disrespect Bests silence?

I should imagine so. It was hardly a surprise, was it?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Though I am sure that this is not the onlytime that this as happened

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Na, we did it when Busby died. Its just gettin tit-for-tat really. I don't like it. I don't mind the abuse directed at the fans and vice versa but thats about it with me.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This thread is idiotic. Even if the premise were true (and it sounds more like rampant paranoia), where does the blame lie?

No journalist would have run the story, pre-prepared or otherwise, if it didn't happen. So that brings us back to, err, the Leeds fans who booed and chanted through a minute's silence for a dead bloke.

I agree Leeds (and Cardiff and Millwall for that matter), all get jumped on sometimes unfairly when they step over the mark.

So you can either carry on transgressing and bleating about your treatment, or actually clean up your act.

Millwall, no angels, came out of Saturday's farce quite well, going out of their way to put pictures of Billy Bremner and Harry Cripps on the big screen, and calling for a minute's silence for Best, the other two and other people close to fans who had died recently. And still Leeds fans f***ed up.

They actually managed to give Millwall the moral high ground. Congratulations, that's quite a feat.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
robbied69 said:

I was chatting with someone earlier saying that the reporters had already outlined a template of their report and only needed to add in the songs Leeds fans were singing.

so what? Leeds fans did sing anti man u songs and pay no respect and are scum.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
The thing is, clubs like Millwall have been working hard to clean up their act. But the minute they do something wrong suddenly they are all thugs again.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
robbied69 said:
The thing is, clubs like Millwall have been working hard to clean up their act. But the minute they do something wrong suddenly they are all thugs again.

Well, they have the perfect stage to get it right/wrong tonight. We all remember what happened last time Millwall played Birmingham at the New Den.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Didn't we get dragged through the press a couple of years ago, following a game at Millwall, some journo alleged that we were singing "Seig Heil" and making Nazi salutes. It was Millwall who pointed out that it was "Seagulls" and we were just pointing in the air with our right arms, it appeared that the club who have been accused of bad behaviour in the past were keen to see that an innocent act was not punished. Millwall are no darlings but they have cleaned up their act no end, the behaviour of a bunch of mindless cretins and the clubs response shows exactly how far they have come.

Nonetheless, I would not go to the New Den displaying my colours.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tooting Gull said:
Well, they have the perfect stage to get it right/wrong tonight. We all remember what happened last time Millwall played Birmingham at the New Den.
Wrong. There has been crowd trouble according to 5 live tonight. :nono:

Quelle suprise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here