Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds and Charlton

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Early days I know but does anyone else think that these two may walk this division this season leaving all the other good teams scrapping for a playoff place, or do you expect the wheels to come off one or both of them.

Leeds know what's needed after a few seasons down here and I think they will be too good, Charlton have suprised me but I don't really know too much about them, so I could be fooled by their great start.

Who is gonna give these teams a run for their money?? I hope they are not going to be out of sight by the New Year.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If they keep becchio and beckford leeds will steam roll this league, im expect southhampton to do very well aswell although theyve had a poor start, notts county will steam roll it next year

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
They will lose Beckford in January, they will make the playoffs and go up.

After Leeds history in the playoff's

Lost Final V Watford
Lost Final v Donny
Lost Semi v Millwall

Can see them failing it up again tbh

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Charlton will be alright if they can keep their starting 11 for 46 games. After that they are threadbare.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
havent they both played pretty crappy sides so far? might be interesting when they come up against other top half teams.

Beating crap sides takes you half way there, losing to crap sides, especially at home, leaves you where we are :down:

To all those who think Leeds and Charlton won't get the auto spots, wanna hazard a guess who will??

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
way too early too say, once injuries, suspensions etc start kicking in then its down to who has enough in reserve to see them through, IMO Leeds wont be far way, Charlton will fall away, Huddersfield have plenty in reserve and will be there or thereabouts and once we settle down, get everyone fit and maybe add a couple more players i dont think we'll be far off the play-offs if not in them but only if we keep faith in Slade, the last thing we need is another managerial change. I cant see Southampton getting into the top half this season but the biggest suprise for me so far is Norwich, they will improve but i think they have a lot of work to do to turn things around.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
but the biggest suprise for me so far is Norwich, they will improve but i think they have a lot of work to do to turn things around.
I'm actually every bit as surprised by our shit start. I doubt we'll be in trouble at the end of the season, but the play-offs already look a long way off. :(

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm actually every bit as surprised by our shit start. I doubt we'll be in trouble at the end of the season, but the play-offs already look a long way off. :(

You negative bastard, I bet you were calling for Adams head when we lost 3 of 4 in our 1st Championship season :lolol:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Does anyone think next season will be even tougher ? Notts County will be there along with Southampton who will be faves as well as whoever comes down out of the Championship plus Norwich and which teams don't make it this season.
It leaves Blooms desire to be in the championship for Falmer looking on dodgy ground.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Couldn't do it under Coppell doubt they will without him

You're probably right, mate. The problem is that once the managerial merry-go-round gets going in earnest in September/October, Andy Scott will be one of the names to come up first at more exalted levels.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Does anyone think next season will be even tougher ? Notts County will be there along with Southampton who will be faves as well as whoever comes down out of the Championship plus Norwich and which teams don't make it this season.
It leaves Blooms desire to be in the championship for Falmer looking on dodgy ground.

for once i actually agree, this time next year the league will be alot harder. Notts County splashing the cash, Soton will have a settled team and no point deduction. Will be some big teams who won't go up this year. Personally think this season is our best chance to go up, just got to get things right on the field first!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here