Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Could free him up.

Tottenham close to Mido signing

Mido enjoyed a successful spell at Spurs last season
Tottenham are set to complete the signing of striker Mido.
Egypt coach Hassan Shehata revealed Mido was heading to Spurs after naming him in his squad for their African Nations Cup qualifier against Burundi.

The 23-year-old Egyptian striker spent 18 months on loan at White Hart Lane before going back to Italian club Roma in the summer.

"Mido told me he will travel to London to have a medical before signing for Tottenham," said Shehata.

"He will be back in Egypt on Wednesday to join up with his colleagues in the national team."

Mido's hopes of landing a permanent deal at the end of last season appeared to be doomed when Spurs refused to meet Roma's asking price of over £5m.

Roma insisted another loan deal for Mido was out of the question and so Spurs had no other option but to consider the full signing of the Egyptian.

He scored 11 times in 27 games for Spurs last season and was a target for both Blackburn and Newcastle during the summer but the striker would prefer a move back to the English capital.

Mido appeared as a substitute in Roma's 4-3 defeat by Inter Milan in the Italian Super Cup on Saturday, but coach Luciano Spalletti is understood to have informed Mido he is not part of his future plans.

Spurs bought striker Dimitar Berbatov from Bayer Leverkusen for £10.9m, but Tottenham boss Martin Jol is keen to add to his squad before Thursday's transfer deadline.

They are still waiting to hear if their latest offer for Middlesbrough and England winger Stewart Downing will be accepted.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Couldn't afford him.Must be worth 250k and upwards

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sorry but i'm getting pissed off with loan players.I'd rather we sign players permanently.There only there for a quick fix but over the long haul we still need to fill those places.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Fair point Algie but season long loan wouldnt go amiss maybe...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here