• In Through The Out Door

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
Led Zepp's debut album has to be the greatest ! Absolutely groundbreaking.
Dim the lights, lay back and listen to Dazed and Confused, You Shook Me and I Cant Quit you Babe and it will blow your mind. The harmony of Robert Plants voice and Jimmy Page's guitar is out of this world. AAH those were the days !
Led Zepp got me through Uni.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As an old punk who knew Attila back in 1984 and used to go to just about every Neurotics gig in London, who went to see the Clash on the White Riot tour in 77 and saw Richard hell and the Voidoids supporting the Buzzcocks let me say

Punk was f***ing great. And so were Zep. End of story.

I like Punk (although I am probably too old for it at 59, but I can't stand Led Zeppelin. Where is the "none of the above" option.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Physical Graffiti, Bonzos drumming on that whole album is fantastic! Also considering the amount of drugs that jimmy page was taking at the time he sounds amazing. Best band ever in my eyes.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Had to go for 2 as it was the first Zep album I really got into at school and was the beginning of them being my favourite ever band. Would say Going to California is their best song though, genius really.

And anyone in any doubt whether Page is the best guitarist ever needs to see this:

Last edited:

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Of all albums it's IV
Since Ive been loving you
Dazed and Confused (carried over from Yardbirds days)
Ramble On
Thats The Way
Bring it on Home
Heartbreaker
Immigrant Song
Rain Song
Dancing Days
No Quarter
All deserving honourable mentions though

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Had to go for 2 as it was the first Zep album I really got into at school and was the beginning of them being my favourite ever band. Would say Going to California is their best song though, genius really.

[video=youtube;-cfc3rCQOuU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cfc3rCQOuU

And anyone in any doubt whether Page is the best guitarist ever needs to see this:

[video=youtube;Fu52dZ94pfA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu52dZ94pfA

Sorry but if he's going to copy Bert Jansch that closely then I'd say he already acknowledged who was "best guitarist"

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Of all albums it's IV
Since Ive been loving you
Dazed and Confused (carried over from Yardbirds days)
Ramble On
Thats The Way
Bring it on Home
Heartbreaker
Immigrant Song
Rain Song
Dancing Days
No Quarter
All deserving honourable mentions though

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Which one has all the hit singles on it?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Anyone else see them at The Dome when they drove their Rollers out through the grounds?

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Went for PG but ask me tomorrow and it might be III or II or IV.

Well done to whoever mentioned "The Rover" earlier - will have that riff in my head for the rest of the day now "if we could just join hands" indeed...

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Went for PG but ask me tomorrow and it might be III or II or IV.

Well done to whoever mentioned "The Rover" earlier - will have that riff in my head for the rest of the day now "if we could just join hands" indeed...

Cool, that was me. Great song. And blow me down if I didn't read in a certain newspaper this morning that there's a new book out about Zeppelin.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
For me it's a Photo Finish between III and Physical Graffiti - have gone for Led Zep III as it has slightly more of the weird/acoustic stuff on it that I like plus the tip-toppest blues song they ever wrote. On the other hand PG is a double album and there is so much Good Stuff on there....... :guitar:

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Anyone else see them at The Dome when they drove their Rollers out through the grounds?

Yes me too. Leaned in to get Bonzo and JPJones' signatures,
got Percy's outside the door, and Jimmy Page had either already left or stayed inside the Dome.
Some of the gig is on youtube (sound only)

I heard the Roller was just for show and just took em up the road to their cars

Incidentally I got onstage and got 2 drumsticks but a roadie demanded i hand them back. he was a stingy twat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here