Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leave bob alone

Oct 15, 2003
brighton
The last two games are not entirely down to b.b are they? poor bloke been told to go in there and try and lift morale after the departure of coppell.pick up where s.c left off, not hard is it ? players morale is at a low crowd on your back, this gentle giant do'nt need this. we as supporters have seen this all before we will bounce back, we will get promoted, we will get FALMER and we will get the right man for the job. give booker a break and raise the roof on saturday:cheers: :cheers: was it 4-0:clap2:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
With D.O here I'm afraid. Booker is the perfect number two, provides the ideal link between boss and players, but is not the man for the job.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Booker is NOT a manager in my opinion, i've seen enough after the last two games, the players look to be playing differently (shit) and his subs or sometimes lack of them is bemusing.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
He may not be a manager,can't argue about that after tonight and Saturday but don't use him as a scapegoat and start slagging Bob off.Replace him now but lets hope he stays on at the club.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
NMH said:
The focus and questions should be put on the players, in my opinion - not BB .

Disagree. Theyre exactly the same players who were winning every week under Coppell .

BB hasnt got the tactics, or the motivation sorted....

Last edited:

Smart Mart said:
Disagree. Theyre exactly the same players who were winning every week under Coppell .

BB hasnt got the tactics, or the motivation sorted....

This is exactly why I place blame on the players though . They are the same players yet suddenly clueless ? ? Have they forgotten how to play tactically so quickly that they cannot work out what they should do to keep the ball in their control , and defend against the oppositions ?

I'm not saying that the manager doesn't have a lot of influence, not at all - but if these lads aren't responding to Booker then are they just puppets of each manager and basically lost without coppall ?

If this is the case, I wonder what happened at the reading game yesterday ? It must be stevie crappall's fault there as well.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Have to agree with the majority here. BB may be a nice bloke but he seems to be tactically inept. Either that or we're as mediocre as all the other sides in this league.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Not in anyway defending BB but you have to look at certain players he has to choose from and their increasing inability to produce the goods.

Nathan Jones for me is a player who has consistantly under achieved since returning from injury, but is pretty much guaranteed a starting place, the same goes for Kerry Mayo, and now to a certain degree Chris McPhee who's first touch is barely conference standard, ok he at least has the potential to improve.

Its not just BB's fault, we play like a team who has run out of ideas and cretain individuals are resigned to just turning up knowing they will get a game, because quite frankly there is no one else.

However a new manager must be appointed quickly in order to sort things out, clubs and agents are already gearing up for the transfer window and we as a side must be given the best possible chance to secure new players whether on loan deals, or on a permanent basis and give the new manager time to assess which of the dead wood to get shot of

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You're correct Rougvie, which is why we need a manager and not one of the players' mates in charge.

Last night hasn't altered my opinion in any way. I didn't think he was the right man even after after two wins and I don't think any less of him after two defeats. He's just doing the wrong job that's all and I sincerely hope he stays with the club as he's the best number 2 we've ever had. If he wants to be a manager he'll have to go somewhere else and start with a clean slate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here