Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Attachments

• quantum_leap.jpg
    quantum_leap.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 89

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Truth be told it could be great, it could be awful (the movie), naturally I'm hoping for the former.

The scope for a film is undoubtedly h u g e, but with the Star Trek reboot and series' such as Lost really raising the bar, the central plot, cast etc. is/are going to have to be awesome to compete in a post J. J. Abrams world.

Really though, I couldn't care less as I'll see it anyway.

Fingers crossed that it plays to it's strengths - homely, epic and diabolic.

Kosh

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Not sure how this could work as a film. The reason it worked so well on telly is that each leap took up an episode and could be any scenario, that format fits into multiple 45 minute episodes perfectly. How would they fit it all into a 90 minute film?

P.S Lost was absolute pony.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Lost - Pony... who gives a shit, this is about Leap making it as a film... I was talking about production values, effects (obviously) as well as a cast that could seriously expect to avoid a straight to DVD nightmare.

My point was that it has to be bigger than the original series, it has to look like a modern film and play like one. Lost was TV series that made the original QL look like it was filmed on a budget of $50 an episode.

My hope is that a film version would shit all over Lost and make the A Team et al. look like cheap cast offs from 80s TV heaven.

As for it working as a movie, why not? You could argue that for any TV show... It had a central arc, light and shade and a spiritual dark side that at it's best could be pretty emotive (for the time.) It'll work or it won't, but to see it on the big screen would be a triumph for a series of it's unique and eclectic leanings.

My guess is the plot will rest on trying to find Sam, (with a younger central character) perhaps discovering the Quantum project cover up and tracking down a now elderly (slightly mad?) Al et al. in order to stop a series of real time (future) lives being eradicated by some unknown force. Together the new character with a new assistant (mentored by Al), will somehow track down Sam in time and use his help to prevent all the good in time being undone and some kind of unholy evil, destroying past lives and thus removing "nexus" type people from the modern timeline etc. and so on etc. potentially destroying life as we know it... That would ROCK, throw in a love interest and a shit load of CGI and that baby would cook... oh and ultimately Sam would have to die, making perhaps the ultimate sacrifice whilst doing so.

Here's hoping.

Keep the faith.

Next up B5, or B3, or B2, or B1, or even B6... but not B4.

Kosh

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here