Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone else enjoying the sick fella's cry-baby antics at the weekend? Refusing to celebrate because he doesn't get enough starts. Pmsl.

I see Arteta is still lying to himself and the media that this is all good and what a professional he is for scoring a goal despite being unhappy. So what will happen will be either a) Arteta changing his system to accommodate Trossard and consequently the wheels falling off or b) Arteta holding firm and Trossard doing what he did for us away at Charlton and making a mess of his career.

I'm looking forward to finding out. It's win-win anyway for the rest of us. Such a shame, as despite his woeful seasonal inconsistency for us, I used to really like him.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Anyone else enjoying the sick fella's cry-baby antics at the weekend? Refusing to celebrate because he doesn't get enough starts. Pmsl.

I see Arteta is still lying to himself and the media that this is all good and what a professional he is for scoring a goal despite being unhappy. a) Arteta changing his system to accommodate Trossard and consequently the wheels falling off or b) Arteta holding firm and Trossard doing what he did for us away at Charlton and making a mess of his career.

I'm looking forward to finding out. It's win-win anyway for the rest of us. Such a shame, as despite his woeful seasonal inconsistency for us, I used to really like him.
Very much enjoying his cry baby antics.

I don't want Adingra to leave, but if he did end up going to Arsenal I would take a lot of satisfaction knowing that Trossard wouldn't like more competition for places.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
hes a player, and should be starting, i would have the hump too if i were him.

Not sure he will kick up much of a fuss, they get so many games he will be ok.
He certainly is. That's why he's at a top 3 club - where the competition for places is exceptionally fierce. Should be starting though? Not sure about that when Martinelli is in that squad.

We should remember he is a wonderful player on his day but there are also days when he is unbelievably anonymous.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I see Arteta is still lying to himself and the media that this is all good and what a professional he is for scoring a goal despite being unhappy. So what will happen will be either a) Arteta changing his system to accommodate Trossard and consequently the wheels falling off or b) Arteta holding firm and Trossard doing what he did for us away at Charlton and making a mess of his career.

I cannot contain my indifference. Although I did notice he didn't celebrate (initially) and remembered what his agent said before he joined Arsenal along the lines of 'No-one puts Leo on the bench three times in a row...' or something.

If he's going kick off here (allegedly, or maybe it's more than allegedly, I can't remember), then it figures he would do the same at the Arse. Leopards, spots etc.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
He certainly is. That's why he's at a top 3 club - where the competition for places is exceptionally fierce. Should be starting though? Not sure about that when Martinelli is in that squad.

We should remember he is a wonderful player on his day but there are also days when he is unbelievably anonymous.
Martinelli was great for a while, but back end of last season he lost form/got injured and Trossard was the man, stepping up with a lot of big moments for them - he's been far more consistent for Arsenal than he ever was for us.

Can see why he thinks he should start but his petulance lets him down, massive sulker when he doesn't get his own way (as we well know).

Hard to like him.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Good player but always seemed an arrogant cock and a total mercenary. He's a super-sub and I highly doubt Arteta will ever prioritise starting him over younger players. He's an old man in terms of PL-level wingers.

I remember his agent saying Trossard 'goes wild' if he doesn't start for two consecutive games. Must've been a lot of tantrums at Trossard Towers since he left us.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Ooh, so close.

It ends up with Trossard starting for once, being completely anonymous and the good guys winning 3-0, the final goal as a result of Trossard losing the ball.
..to Adingra, who runs 40 yards then fires it in.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Martinelli's been way below par for quite a while now. The contrast with Saka on the other side is stark. Irrespective of that, Trossard seems most effective for the Arse at coming off the bench for the last 25-30 mins.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Martinelli's been way below par for quite a while now. The contrast with Saka on the other side is stark. Irrespective of that, Trossard seems most effective for the Arse at coming off the bench for the last 25-30 mins.
I wouldn't disagree that Martinelli isn't the player he was, but Arteta's reluctance to change that despite having the services of Trossard to call upon speaks volumes.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
I wouldn't disagree that Martinelli isn't the player he was, but Arteta's reluctance to change that despite having the services of Trossard to call upon speaks volumes.
He did change for a while though, Trossard was starting ahead of Martinelli end of last season.

Expect that's why he's so pissed off to be back on the bench.

Here’s his last six games of last season. Started them all

IMG_4599.png

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He did change for a while though, Trossard was starting ahead of Martinelli end of last season.

Expect that's why he's so pissed off to be back on the bench.
I didn't realise that.

And it makes it even more funny and satisfying.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Last season he got twice as many goals as Martinelli in the Prem, and Arsenal just fell short in the title race.

I think Trossard has a valid beef with Arteta and deserves to start ahead of Martinelli.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here