With one decent striker I'd say 6th.

Without one 15th.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
A good stiker in this leagues makes a hell of a difference.

As Scunthorpe have proved. Very solid team, but nothing special, apart from up front.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's a bit difficult to say until we know the squad we've got for next season. :shrug:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
19th

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We will not go down as Dick Knight would not allow Wilkins to take us down to div 4 and would act if it looked a possibility by Xmas. I expect us to do nothing next season absolutely nothing and have renewed my st's on that basis. I think it will be more of the same and Wilkins should amass us around 55 points. It would be nice to see the odd win at home and score more than 1 in 2 home games and to score 2 in a home game would be a luxury.

Wilkins will keep the club on an even keel, ie just around or above the relegation zone but talk of the play offs is sheer fantasy , not with this manager, no chance whatsoever.

When we get Falmer and we need to push for promotion back to the championship Dick can thing about getting a proper manager in, until then Wilkins will have to do unfortunately.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
but talk of the play offs is sheer fantasy , not with this manager, no chance whatsoever.

When we get Falmer and we need to push for promotion back to the championship Dick can thing about getting a proper manager in, until then Wilkins will have to do unfortunately.

I think thats Bollox. You can't judge Dean until he has at least a moderate amount of financial backing. I believe if he is allowed to spend a reasonable sum in the summer we can mount a play off challenge. If not then clearly we won't. But that won't be DW's fault it will be the Board's or possibly Lewes DC's if they have managed to further the decision on Falmer.

What makes you think Dean Wilkins is a bad manager. Sure he is learning, but why do you say he is not good enough?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Giraffe said:
I think thats Bollox. You can't judge Dean until he has at least a moderate amount of financial backing. I believe if he is allowed to spend a reasonable sum in the summer we can mount a play off challenge. If not then clearly we won't. But that won't be DW's fault it will be the Board's or possibly Lewes DC's if they have managed to further the decision on Falmer.

What makes you think Dean Wilkins is a bad manager. Sure he is learning, but why do you say he is not good enough?

it is odd McGhee was sacked after 3 defates including 1 goal defeats against Bristol City and Notts Forest away and Wilkins has had in the league this season already 1 , 6 match losing run and 2 , 5 match losing runs and is rewarded with a 3 year contract. The guy is completely and toally out of his depth and I don' want to be saying " I told you so " at Xmas but I will I am sure. Still he's who we are lumbered with and I support BHAFC first and foremost and there ain't much I can do about it.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Uncle Spielberg said:
We will not go down as Dick Knight would not allow Wilkins to take us down to div 4 and would act if it looked a possibility by Xmas. I expect us to do nothing next season absolutely nothing and have renewed my st's on that basis. I think it will be more of the same and Wilkins should amass us around 55 points. It would be nice to see the odd win at home and score more than 1 in 2 home games and to score 2 in a home game would be a luxury.

Wilkins will keep the club on an even keel, ie just around or above the relegation zone but talk of the play offs is sheer fantasy , not with this manager, no chance whatsoever.

US :bowdown: That is exactly how I see our future panning out aswell , I'm afraid. If we reach mid table, we'll have had a bloody good season.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
it is odd McGhee was sacked after 3 defates including 1 goal defeats against Bristol City and Notts Forest away and Wilkins has had in the league this season already 1 , 6 match losing run and 2 , 5 match losing runs and is rewarded with a 3 year contract. The guy is completely and toally out of his depth and I don' want to be saying " I told you so " at Xmas but I will I am sure. Still he's who we are lumbered with and I support BHAFC first and foremost and there ain't much I can do about it.
I don't think McGhee should have been sacked when he was. Having given him the whole summer to buy players it was daft to sack him when he did. But that said I have been impressed with the way Wilkins has acted, brought on the young players and I can see a bright future with him at the helm provided he gets backing of some sort.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Spielberg said:

By the end I felt sorry for Mcghee, He was on a non winner, half the fans wanted him out as did the board.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Depends totally on the Falmer decison imo. A yes and we could be knocking around the playoffs, with or without DW. A no and we're going down.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
By the end I felt sorry for Mcghee, He was on a non winner, half the fans wanted him out as did the board.

The gutless 5-1 defeat to Stoke lost the vast majority of those fans. Bixarrely because DK didn't act when he should have done this season suffered as a result. And not for the first time. Not since BZ was signed has Dick Knight had a good summer.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Giraffe said:
The gutless 5-1 defeat to Stoke lost the vast majority of those fans. Bixarrely because DK didn't act when he should have done this season suffered as a result. And not for the first time. Not since BZ was signed has Dick Knight had a good summer.

I still believe if they had started to get players in the summer last year they could have stayed up in the Championship.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Kinky Gerbils said:

It was a non-starter for McGhee this season after the summer fiasco! He should've either gone at the end of last season, Or the best time for McGhee would've been the season he kept us up on the last day and then he could've walked away as a hero.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Sign Andy Whing and big Baz, give a permanent deal to Bertie and I think we could be just inside the top half of the table...don't bother and it will be much the same again. A lot really depends on how many of the players we have blooded this season go on and improve next year, if enough of them do then it could be exciting times ahead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here