Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League or Cup? What starting XI?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Well someone had to start it, do we put out our best available side out for Newcastle or save a couple back for Palace?

I am of the school of thought where you always put your best side out, it's no problem for pro players to play 2 games in 3/4 days. I know there is always a chance of injuries and suspensions but that's just part of the game.

Also the prize money could be huge 5th round of the FA Cup or even a replay at St James' the finances could buy a player in the window and see us push on for the remainder of the season.

Gus, let's show what we are capable of against the better teams in the country, please.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Well someone had to start it, do we put out our best available side out for Newcastle or save a couple back for Palace?

I am of the school of thought where you always put your best side out, it's no problem for pro players to play 2 games in 3/4 days. I know there is always a chance of injuries and suspensions but that's just part of the game.

Also the prize money could be huge 5th round of the FA Cup or even a replay at St James' the finances could buy a player in the window and see us push on for the remainder of the season.

Gus, let's show what we are capable of against the better teams in the country, please.

Got to be full strength

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Now this is the thing.

I think that for this game Gus should play his best side (you heard that right) because the game is over and done in 90 mins.

The poor flowers will just have to drink loads of redbull and put in a shift against those bastards on Tuesday.

It IS a winnable game against Newcastle.

I would caveat that with if we are 3-0 down by half time then perhaps make 3 subs to save the "better" players for Tuesday (Buckley etc)

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I really fancy our chances of at least a draw
Newcastle have a poor record in the FA Cup in recent years and Pardew has always put weakened sides out in the early rounds of cups
I think it is a given that Poyet will play his best eleven, I also have a feeling Vicente will play a part

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here