Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LDC - you are an absolute DISGRACE

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The rancid stench of lies, hypocrisy, obstructiveness, disorganisation, underhand delaying tactics and flat-out incompetence on behalf of the THV owners and LDC just about beggars belief. Its an utter disgrace that not only the Albion, but the council tax payers of Lewes as well will be footing an enormous, ever-inflating legal bill as this insufferable process is further dragged out while it crawls along towards its obscenely delayed conclusion.

Remember what we were told last JULY in the letter from the ODPM - the Inquiry was to briefly reconvene to investigate the suitability of those other sites. Even though LDC still saw fit to drag that out till February, it was still only supposed to be reconvening for about 3 weeks to discuss the alternate sites, before finally being packed off to the ODPM. Three weeks has now stretched closer to three months, and even now, we're STILL getting new evidence submitted. Once again, it seems there's still no end in sight.

LDC and the THV owners should be brought to book for this. LDC in particular owe their taxpayers a FULL and SPECIFIC breakdown of all the costs, down to the last penny, that they have incurred in legal fee's on the lawyers and consultants they have employed to oppose this stadium. The details of this scandalous waste of time and money needs to be published in full for public viewing, as it is public money they are spending on this shameful fiasco. They should also be forced to justify precisely why they have embarked on this protracted campaign to destroy the Albion, when Falmer doesn't even fall within their district.

The NIMBYS, backed by LDC and now ably assisted by the owners of THV have succeeded in making a complete mockery of this public inquiry. Their behaviour through this has been utterly contemptable, and if there was any justice, their stinking rotting carcasses will be entombed forever within the concrete foundations of the main stand of the stadium when it is built.

Last edited:

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Easy 10 said:

LDC in particular owe their taxpayers a FULL and SPECIFIC breakdown of all the costs, down to the last penny, that they have incurred in legal fee's on the lawyers and consultants they have employed to oppose this stadium. The details of this scandalous waste of time and money needs to be published in full for public viewing, as it is public money they are spending on this shameful fiasco.

I'm sure you can get it under the Freedom of Information Act.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Re: Re: LDC - you are an absolute DISGRACE

Highfields Seagull said:
I'm sure you can get it under the Freedom of Information Act.

Well you can try, unfortunately that Act seems to have more holes in it than the NIMBY case against Falmer, so I'm sure LDC will find some way to weasel round it.

:clap: to Easy's post though, the only thing I will enjoy more than the look on the NIMBYs faces the day construction starts will be looking at the stadium when it is FINALLY finished.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
woooooooooooooooooooooooowoooooooooooooooooooo...............!!!!!!!!!!

is that the gravy train coming,packed full of sherry swilling pen pushers...?

yes,yes i think it is.

bloody disgraceful, if falmer is not going to be the place then an alternative needs to be settled on very soon..................all this lipstick around the coight stuff is getting up my clacker.................:drink:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I just hope that the Inspector is human and will be more sympathetic to our plight now that he's had to deal with the twats that we've been up against for the past few years.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm just so heartily sick and tired of it all now. Reading Lord B's report on the events of yesterday just had me shaking my head in disbelief and despair - I'm almost dreading reading whats gone on today to be honest, for fear of the next delay/new horror that will befall this exhasperating process.

DK and MP deserve knighthoods for this. Lesser men would probably have chucked in the towel and pulled the plug on the whole thing by now. They deserve massive, massive credit for the fact that despite setback after setback, and in the face of some quite unbelievable tactics by the opponents, they're still in there fighting for this stadium. The professional and dignified manner in which the Albions case for Falmer has been put across is a credit to them and the club, and whatever the outcome of this inquiry turns out to be, DK and MP will always have my utmost respect.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
I find the THV people much more annoying than LDC and the Falmer NIMBYs.

Even though I heartily disagree with them and think they're a bunch of crack pots, at least NIMBYs and LDC are arguing for what they believe.

The THV people are stiring it up purely because they want to make some money.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
eastlondonseagull said:
Quite right Easy. It's an absolute disgrace :angry: :angry:
Yes, it is. And I know its nothing new either, but yesterday really did just about take the biscuit for me (no pun intended to the mini-Turkey). Its been such an infuriating process, but yesterday took it on to a whole new level of basic incompetence and borderline skulduggary

(and thats the first time I've ever written the word 'skulduggary' btw)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Curious Orange said:
Hate to be a pedant, but doesn't the site of the coach park actually come under LDC jurisdiction? That is why they have an interest.
A line on a map does indeed dictate that one corner of the overall stadium plan encroaches slightly over the outer boundaries of LDC's borders of jurisdiction - but is that really enough to justify mounting a massive legal campaign against a development which lies several miles away from Lewes itself ? Surely their first priority has to be their own constituents. If we were demolishing some Lewes residents housing to make way for the coach park then I'd understand their involvement. But we're not. What are the REAL motives here ? Cos I am at a loss.

Last edited:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Besides the anger that i felt when reading Lord B's summary of the day's events, I had MASSIVE respect and admiration for what the board have done to sort out this planning application.

Anyone who slates them or calls them tight would do well to think what other Chair / Board would invest so much time and money into a club. If they can find someone else then bring them in, but it's not going to happen is it?

I have been puzzled at times that this whole process has taken so long, especially in the early days when it seemed to be a pretty poor attempt at a planning application, but the more I hear of the case they have put together and the work they have done behind the scenes for this public enquiry the more respect I have for them.

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
Easy 10 said:
The rancid stench of lies, hypocrisy, obstructiveness, disorganisation, underhand delaying tactics and flat-out incompetence on behalf of the THV owners and LDC just about beggars belief. Its an utter disgrace that not only the Albion, but the council tax payers of Lewes as well will be footing an enormous, ever-inflating legal bill as this insufferable process is further dragged out while it crawls along towards its obscenely delayed conclusion.

Remember what we were told last JULY in the letter from the ODPM - the Inquiry was to briefly reconvene to investigate the suitability of those other sites. Even though LDC still saw fit to drag that out till February, it was still only supposed to be reconvening for about 3 weeks to discuss the alternate sites, before finally being packed off to the ODPM. Three weeks has now stretched closer to three months, and even now, we're STILL getting new evidence submitted. Once again, it seems there's still no end in sight.

LDC and the THV owners should be brought to book for this. LDC in particular owe their taxpayers a FULL and SPECIFIC breakdown of all the costs, down to the last penny, that they have incurred in legal fee's on the lawyers and consultants they have employed to oppose this stadium. The details of this scandalous waste of time and money needs to be published in full for public viewing, as it is public money they are spending on this shameful fiasco. They should also be forced to justify precisely why they have embarked on this protracted campaign to destroy the Albion, when Falmer doesn't even fall within their district.

The NIMBYS, backed by LDC and now ably assisted by the owners of THV have succeeded in making a complete mockery of this public inquiry. Their behaviour through this has been utterly contemptable, and if there was any justice, their stinking rotting carcasses will be entombed forever within the concrete foundations of the main stand of the stadium when it is built.

Very well put.It is an absolute disgrace.
:clap:

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I honestly don't understand how they can get away with it. Surely deadlines are there to be met. If they can't get everything together (after already delaying the start of the inquiry as much as possible) then that is their problem. Why are they allowed to continually flout the rules and come up with new excuses as to why the inquiry must be delayed yet further?

Tell LDC, the NIMBY's and the THV crew that they had more than enough time to submit everything they needed and if they didn't sort it all out in time then it is TOUGH TITTY. There is absolutely no excuse for this utterly shambolic dragging out of the inquiry and I can only hope the planning inspector gives them all an ultimatum and punishes them for their behaviour.

Very well put Mr 10

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
As an FOI Officer myself, I would suggest to you that you will be able to get this information, but probably not until after the Enquiry is over. They wouldn't be able to tell you the total cost until the process was over, would they?

It's public money they're spending, and thus I don't think they'd get away with not telling you how much and what for...

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Staly said:
As an FOI Officer myself, I would suggest to you that you will be able to get this information, but probably not until after the Enquiry is over. They wouldn't be able to tell you the total cost until the process was over, would they?

It's public money they're spending, and thus I don't think they'd get away with not telling you how much and what for...

It would depend on the way the request was worded. If you were to ask the total spent up to and including the 14 April 2005, along we the the amount budgeted for the rest of the inquiry, then you should be able to get the figure spent so far with an estimate for what they think the total bill will be.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
We all need to stand outside LDC with Banners and let everyone know how much money LDC are wasting. It needs to be kept seperate from Falmer. I for one am totally pissed off with this shit now.

They should release a statment of accounts to every householder in East Sussex now, and LDC need to be bought to book over this matter.

I am annoyed because I am council tax payer and LDC did ask me my opinion on a stadium.

I am going to write to Tony Blair about how much money has and is being wasted on this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here